New Jersey

When is a good time to send out save the date cards?

I am not getting married until September 2016. I just booked my reception hall and I finally have a set date. I know it's a year and a half away, but when do you think it's a good time to send them out?

Re: When is a good time to send out save the date cards?

• Cookie PusherCookie Pusher member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    6-9 months before the wedding is typical. And remember, anyone you send a STDate to must receive an invitation. Many posters advocate only sending STDates to VIPs and people you are absolutely sure you will invite just in case your finances/budget/situation changes between when you send them and when you need to send invitations (6-8 weeks before the wedding).
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I just sent mine out last week and our wedding is in November...so that can give you a good guideline

• I sent mine out 12 months prior to our wedding (we are getting married 11/7/15).  The general guide is 6-9 months but the majority of our guests are out of town so we wanted to send them a little early so they could plan accordingly.
  • amt6amt6 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Our wedding is in September an sent them out the end of January. About half of our wedding will be out-of-towners, so we wanted to give them plenty of time. As tip for another September bride (or anyone really), we took advantage of Cyber Monday sales and ordered them Thanksgiving weekend! They sat around for a few weeks before going out, but we got 30% off! 
  • I sent mine out a year in advance because I had a "friend" that picked the same day for her wedding.  It's also a busy season with communions, other weddings, and prom.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • i got engaged in early december and am getting married Oct 2016 - we booked out photographer already but prob won't take our pics till end of summer/Sept and then we'll probably send out the Save the Dates in October around the year mark

we ordered only 50 save the dates though (getting them done through our photographer) so we'll be sending just to family (many out of towners) and close friends

• we sent ours out six months from our wedding date.
    we have a june wedding so we wanted to make sure people locked our date in as its a popular month for weddings, vacations, graduations etc

we sent to everyone on our invitation list, anyone we added in the last few months we sent to as well as we ordered extras
  • edited March 2015
    Jenn7778 thats my date too! i haven't even ordered mine.. womp womp
  • @mrstaraboo I sent mine early...you still have time.  85% of our guests are out of town family so I wanted to make sure they had plenty of time to save.  Where are you getting married?
  • @jenn7778 Our reception is at the imperia in somerset...what about you?

• @mrstaraboo We are getting married at The Primavera Regency
  • We are getting married on August 9 and sent our save the dates the first week of February. I have a typical Filipino family with many doctors and nurses, so we wanted to make sure they had plenty of time to request time-off. I, too, ordered my save the dates on Cyber Monday and was able to buy 100 printed postcards for $30 through Etsy. I totally agree with @amt6, take advantage of those Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards