Moms and Maids

Will you be my bridesmaid? Old/New/Borrowed/Blue

Hey everyone! I know everyone has mixed opinions on how you should ask your bridesmaids to be in the wedding. (some think no gifts are necessary, others love them) Well I'm in the love them category, especially since I live in California and all my bridesmaids live in Ohio. I won't be able to ask them in person for several months so I thought about sending them each personalized "Will You Be My Bridesmaid Boxes". I want to do a spin on the something old,new,borrowed and blue idea.  For new I was going to just do some jewelry. Blue I was going to do blue nail polish or something like that. Old was going to be a bottle of wine. The only thing I couldn't think of was something borrowed. Any ideas??

Thanks!

Re: Will you be my bridesmaid? Old/New/Borrowed/Blue

• I say do the boxes, but only AFTER they say yes to being your bridesmaid.  Call them up 9 months before your wedding, ask them, they say yes, you discuss wedding planning and talk to them about their lives, then you put a box in the mail.  I got a card after agreeing to be in my cousin's wedding, "Thanks for being a part of our special day" that talked about how thankful he was to have me stand next to him.
  • Hey everyone! I know everyone has mixed opinions on how you should ask your bridesmaids to be in the wedding. (some think no gifts are necessary, others love them) Well I'm in the love them category, especially since I live in California and all my bridesmaids live in Ohio. I won't be able to ask them in person for several months so I thought about sending them each personalized "Will You Be My Bridesmaid Boxes". I want to do a spin on the something old,new,borrowed and blue idea.  For new I was going to just do some jewelry. Blue I was going to do blue nail polish or something like that. Old was going to be a bottle of wine. The only thing I couldn't think of was something borrowed. Any ideas??

Thanks!
    Why not just call them up and ask them over the phone?  Sending them anything like what you described puts a lot of pressure on them to say yes even if they want to say no (finances, time, just not wanting to be a BM).  I know that this sounds cute but really it is over the top and way too much.  Save this kind of thing until after these people say yes.

This.

Also, you may not be able to ship wine into Ohio.  Some states restrict the shipment of alcohol.

• Thanks! I love this idea, that way I can make sure they say yes and then I can show them my appreciation for not only their friendship over the past 9+ years but as a thanks for saying yes to be a bridesmaid!
  • Good call! After they say yes would be a better time to do it. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards