California-San Diego
Options

Advice needed: summer wedding at Del Mar Powerhouse

Hi!

We're contemplating having a wedding at the Del Mar Powerhouse at the end of July. But just thinking about hiring and coordinating with different vendors seems like a risk and also costly. Additionally, I'm worried that summer in the Del Mar Powerhouse Park will be busy and the wedding will not be as private. Has any brides that have had / planned their wedding there and can share some insight with me? 

Many thanks!

Re: Advice needed: summer wedding at Del Mar Powerhouse

• Options
    I have not planned or been to a wedding there, but we did briefly look into it. I was only willing to have my wedding there if I could afford to hire a planner. We decided to get married in Denver (where we are from) instead, as it was much more budget friendly.

I really wanted to get married in Balboa Park because I loved the idea of having onlookers. FH hated this idea though.  
  • Options
    I have not been to or planned a wedding there, but am planning a wedding where we are bringing in all our own vendors.  We had to get a planner, but the perk of having a planner is she (and a lot of planners) has vendors that give her discounts, so it ended up being well worth it.  Plus, when you bring in your own vendors, you can save in a lot of areas (for us, we are saving a ton on bartenders and alcohol because we are bringing in our own).

@becomingmcclain we also looked at Balboa Park (one of our first ideas), but that day we went was around the same time of year the wedding would be and there were 5 weddings and a quinceaneara going on at once... so crowded!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards