Just Engaged and Proposals

Ring Insurance Advice?

edenisleedenisle member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited March 2015 in Just Engaged and Proposals
Hi there!  I am in the process of insuring my ring and am trying to decide which route to go- as a rider policy through my renter's insurance or through a policy with a jewelery insurance company, such as Jeweler's Mutual.

Could any of you ladies shed some light on the best option for engagement and wedding ring insurance?  Also, have any of you had experience with any specific jewelry insurance companies? 

I am hoping to find fairly inclusive coverage, including replacement of the rings if lost, theft, mysterious disappearance, etc.

Thank you so much for your time!

Edit: Spelling.

Re: Ring Insurance Advice?

• arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    Be sure to read the policies carefully. When I was researching rider's insurance for my ring, I found that the ring would only be covered if it were stolen/damaged IN MY HOME only. 

I ended up going with Perfect Circle by Jeweler's Mutual because my ring was purchased from Blue Nile (they're in partnership). They already had all of my ring information so it was super easy. World-wide coverage for theft, damage, mysterious disappearance, and accidental loss, and I can pick my own jeweler rather than having the insurance company dictate the jeweler. So these are probably things you want to make sure are in your coverage.

I haven't had to *use* my insurance yet so I can't shed any light on the actual process.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I also have Perfect Circle through Jeweler's Mutual. I chose them because of the inclusive plan. It was very easy to get, you can do the process completely online. My only complain is my coverage increased by like... $12 this year (I just got the ring last April), which seems a bit steep. 
  • Just wanted to say thank you for posting this as I was wondering the same thing as I need to get my ring insured.  I went on Perfect Circle's website and was surprised at how affordable it is.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Thank you @arrrghmatey and @lilacck28 !  I really appreciate the feedback.  I have been leaning towards Jeweler's Mutual because of the reasons you stated, but I will definitely ask about what to expect regarding increases in cost.

You're welcome @julieanne912 !  I'm glad it worked out!  I'm definitely calling them today!
  • I have a personal article policy, through State Farm, for my jewelry. It is a bit more expensive but it covers my ring with no questions asked. I highly recommend it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for the input, @KatWAG!  I also have State Farm for other insurance needs.  I will look into them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards