Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

What was the best part of your wedding day

Re: What was the best part of your wedding day

• Options
    Gosh, you would have to make this hard, huh?

I will have to say when we saw each other for the first time and he whispered in my ear how good I looked.
  • Options
    Sneaking away after the ceremony and taking a moment to see our furbabies and taking some pictures with them. It was a good quiet moment and really meant a lot to both of us.
  • Options
    Our first look! 

• Options
    The after party- complete with Irish rock band and all night dancing!
  • Options
    When we got to go into the reception room before everyone and it was more beautiful and magical then I had imagined.  Everything was perfect and the DJ was playing a Train song that we had just heard live at a concert there a few weeks before... Marry Me. We both love that song.  It was really romantic. Then he played our first dance song and we had a private first dance together.  I loved it.  I finally relaxed more because everything up to that point had been a whirlwind of movement and that moment felt just like time was slow and we were married.  Of course, the whole day was awesome and fun and I had a great time but that was the best moment.  
  • Options
    When the priest lifted out hands up during the ceremony and said "what God has brought together, let no man tear apart"  or something to that effect.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would have to agree with PP that the best moment was walking into our venue room, just me and him...

Up until that point it really hadn't sunk in that it was happening...but when we walked in...I really felt like I was on platinum weddings or that david tutera show...the room was beautiful and magical and it was all for me and the love of my life.....we have a beautiful picture of this moment and I can't wait to get a damn house so we can blow it up and frame it!
  • Options
    The dancing all night with all the people I love!
  • Options
    When we were announced husband and wife.  Our families were so proud.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    This is hard!

I'm gonna go with the moment we arrived at our reception site.  It was just DH and me in the car, and we had thrown back a glass or two of champagne each and were on such a high from having made it down the aisle.  As we approached the pavilion and saw it all dressed up for our event, I was just in awe of multitude of guests who were all there for US, of the way the sun hit the full-length windows of the pavilion to reveal the blue and yellow decor- everything was perfectly in place.  Our guests were happily sipping their cocktals, the sun was hot on the beach and the waves of the Sound were lapping serenly.  I was there with my husband at last, and everything was right in my world.
  • Options
    Walking down the aisle and seeing his face. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers image Daisypath Christmas tickers
  • Options
    Vows by far. My husband wrote some of the most beautiful things.
  • Options
    We did our photos before any guests showed up .. So I would have to say spending that hour together alone.  We had a whole hour to soak up what was happening,  it was spectacular. 
  • Options
    My favorite part was walking out to our car at the end of the night and finding it totally wrapped in garbage bags. Apparently all through the night our guests had been sneaking out and signing it, I was totally unaware! It just really made me laugh seeing it and all the signatures.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_part-of-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:2d2a6d4b-d8f3-4274-83af-3b5dd079246ePost:31d31bab-2cd3-4c98-b3ce-0d2858f39b30">Re: What was the best part of your wedding day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sneaking away after the ceremony and taking a moment to see our furbabies and taking some pictures with them. It was a good quiet moment and really meant a lot to both of us.
    Posted by alecat9[/QUOTE]

My 1 wish is that we could do this, but the ceremony is about 30 minutes north of our house, & the reception is about 20 minutes east of the reception...and we're having an evening wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_part-of-wedding-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:2d2a6d4b-d8f3-4274-83af-3b5dd079246ePost:b4227cf7-42c6-4716-ae85-3e3799390547">Re: What was the best part of your wedding day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our first look! 
    Posted by bellebride116[/QUOTE]

Your photo is so awesome. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    My husband's VOWS!!!!

Here's link to our wedding Same Day Edit s you'll see what I mean!

• Options
    Seeing the tears in my husband's eyes as I walked down the aisle, knowing that the moment was really here, that it was happening now. He had only ever teared up once before in the four years that we had dated (I was temporarily moving to Mexico for work so it was really hard having to say goodbye to him at the airport), so to see him now with tears of happiness in his eyes meant everything.
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards