Not Engaged Yet

Wishful Wednesday

Hi friends! So um, this new layout... did anyone else struggle to find this board or am I not awake enough yet? I really hate that I can't chat with you ladies as much as I would like.  

The weather is crazy here.  There's a major accident on the exit where my office is, so it is taking everyone an hour or more to get here (office is about 5 minutes off the exit) just from the exit.  Luckily, I was warned at 6:30 so I took backroads. We're supposed to have an offsite meeting tomorrow, and it is a meeting I run so I have to leave work early to set up the venue.  Since the weather is going to be even worse tonight into tomorrow, I'll be staying there instead of going home.

Wishes for today:
I wish spring will get here ASAP.  Winter can go away.  

I wish a doctor will figure out what is wrong with my mom. They ruled out her heart back in November/December, but have still been doing tests to find out why she is having such chest pains.  Her latest test was a CT scan to look at her lungs.  Well, they didn't find anything there, but said her gallbladder is inflamed.  So today she is having that checked out. 

Re: Wishful Wednesday

• @speakeasy14 - I was lost for a good 60 seconds there. WHEW.

I wish it would STOP SNOWING. I am so sick of this crap.

I also have a huge knot in my back and it has been killing me for two days. FI tried to massage it for me, but it didn't do too much good. I'm in pain and am feeling like a broken old lady. I wish that would disappear ASAP.

Finally, I wish I could fast-forward time to @GoldenPenguin's bridal shower/bachelorette party weekend because there isn't anything fun lined up for me until then, and because I feel like all of the fun wedding stuff will start happening really quickly after that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I hate this new layout.  I was hoping it was just a glitch. 

@Speakeas14 - I'm sorry to hear about your mom.  Hugs.

Today is busy and a "forgetful" day - I almost left my ring in a place I never do this morning and then of all things H has lost his ring entirely.  We searched for it this morning but had to run so he could catch his train.  I hope we find it.  :(  He insured mine but not his...though I do have general jewelry insurance included with my house insurance but I'm not sure if it will cover that.

I wish:

-We find H's ring.  It would make me really sad to have lost it.

-I was able to fit into a dress I really want to wear.  I've been working hard but it is not fitting yet.

-My dog would eat his bloody dog food without me having to change the brand every other week...that shit is getting expensive and he can't get a chicken a day more than once a day because I'm not going to spoil him that much.

• It hurt my eyes for a second when I first opened it lol. It definitely took me a while.

I'm getting my hair cut today during my lunch break. I'm going back n forth between getting more than a couple inches chopped off or just a trim. My hair has gotten pretty long and I would like to do a shoulder length cut for the Spring and Summer. I think that's what I might go with.

I bought a Bella Band yesterday afternoon and I'm wearing it today lol. I LOVE this thing. Some of my pants have gotten difficult to zip up and button but I can still fit them over my legs so this thing keeps my pants up without me having to zip them up. It's quite awesome!

I wish:

That it will be next Thursday before I know it so we can have our 2nd ultrasound and I can see baby peach again and have some good news.

That DH's plantars fasciitis doesn't stay long and that it heals quickly. He gets this every year and it's the most irritating thing to watch him go through.

I had more energy to get stuff done around the house but I don't.
  • southernpeach89 I say cut it shoulder length!  

minskat30 Hopefully you find his ring soon.  Make him retrace his steps!
  • @minskat30 - DH lost his ring once... underneath his toiletry bag. I'm crossing my fingers that your DH's ring turns up!

AFM:
    -I wish that my hamstring would stop hurting. 
    -I wish that the snow we get tonight/tomorrow does not in any way delay my flight on Friday. I will hurt someone.
    -I wish my bagel would toast itself.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Thanks @speakeasy14 and @cu97tiger  - I think we are going to tear everything apart tonight to try to find it.  He swears he left it in the bathroom but for some reason last night when he came to bed I could have sworn I heard it fall on the nightstand.

ALL the good vibes for good flying weather too @cu97tiger - you guys deserve a stress free vacation.

@TwoDime - That dog is beyond spoiled and its all my fault really.  Worst of it is, he doesn't know it and tries to escape any chance he gets.  Sigh.  Do you have any flower arrangements in mind?  The wedding invitations we did were middle of the road (a local paper store).  They are still expensive though so I feel you.

• @twodimes I think just shoulder length so I can still tie it back when I need to without it falling down.
  • I think those look LOVELY @TwoDimes - flowers can add up quickly so keep it simple.  I love the various heights of the vases. 

• @speakeasy14, healthy vibes for your mom.

@minskat30, I hope your H finds his ring.

@twodimes, beautiful inspirations!
    ---
    I wish I was much more prepared for my oral comprehensive exams than I am.

I wish days had 25 hours instead of 24.

I wish my sad little netbook worked just a little better than it does. (Poor little netbook, I'm sorry I torture you so.)

I wish my Bluetooth headphone adapter had more than a 5 hour battery life.
  • @twodimes I love those centerpieces, and like the idea of having some tables with flowers and some tables without.  Also, that first picture made me think of Horton hears a who (which I love!).

cu97tiger Fingers and toes crossed that your flight is not delayed and you can get to warm weather ASAP!  
  • @twodimesI love the flower ideas.  My flower budget got out of hand pretty quickly but it was beautiful for the most part.  Except the bouquets. 

I'm tired and cranky.  My show is supposed to open tomorrow night, this show is only running for 3 nights and there is a big snow storm coming tonight into tomorrow.  I really hope this is all wrong and it just rains.  I had a painful test done yesterday, luckily I'm feeling better today.  I have to go back to my doctoron Friday anyway, but they want to do an additional test now.  I'm really on the verge of just crying today.  It's such a stressful week. 

@cu97tiger I wish it won't snow tomorrow either.  I hope your flight goes out as planned

All I wish for right now is to be pregnant...

Anniversary

• @twodimes - I like that centerpiece idea. Maybe because it's similarish to mine?image

• I wish I wasn't so busy and had more time to visit.

I wish I would have went to bed earlier last night.

I wish it was warmer and all the ice around my driveway would melt.

I wish I was not on call this weekend.

Anniversary
  • @twodimes I really like those ideas for the centerpieces! You could also use the BM bouquets with the floral centerpieces to save some money. 

@cu97tiger Crossing all appendages that your flight is not affected by winter!

@southernpeach89 I vote shoulder length! I think that would be super cute.

@minskat30 I'm sure his ring will turn up soon! Those things have a funny way of showing up in the strangest of places.

@speakeasy14 I can't believe they still don't have answers for you about your mom. I'm so sorry! :(

@Hummingbird125 Your ticker!!!! Love it! Your wedding is so close!
    -----------------
    -I wish the first two days of my period weren't so intense. The cramps are unreal. I felt really nauseated last night and almost threw up a few times. What gives, body? 
    -I wish October would hurry up and get here. I'm ready to be an OMH. 
    -I wish I had a puppy. I've been wanting one for a few years, but the puppy fever is getting worse.
    -I wish that FI would hear back from the positions he applied for soon! There were a few that would be perfect for him, and he really wants a change of scenery at work.
    -I wish my parents had a better marriage. I'm tired of hearing my mom complain about my step-dad all the time.

I'm WFH today, and methinks I will be tomorrow too due to the weather forecast. FI is working at a different office this week for some extra training he has to do once per year, and the office is right down the road from here. He told me he wants to take me to lunch today, which will be fun. Tonight we're going to eat some crock pot pork butt, and I'll roast some veggies and make some rice to go with it. Om nom nom. 

Did anyone watch White Collar? FI and I finally watched the finale last night, and I was a little pissed off by it. I hate when shows end poorly. 

• The only difference I noticed was the very top of the page (the blue stuff and the headings). I have NEY bookmarked so I didn't have to search for it, though. 

I wish winter would just fucking end. 

I wish H would just let me book the trip to Alaska. I'm sad he might not want to do that trip for our birthdays. 

I wish losing weight was easier. 

I wish this sinus infection would GTFO of my face. 

• @Peaseblossom55 - Hugs.  I'm sorry about the painful doctor visits.  :(

@eilis1228 - Good luck to your FI.  Also, what is holding up the puppy train?  Getting my dog (well, our dog, now) was one of the best decisions of my life even though he's a brat. 

@KeptInStitches - Good luck with the exams!  I'm sure you will do better than you think right now.

• @minskat30 thank you! Hopefully by Friday I'll have a better idea of what is going on! :-)

Anniversary

• @minskat30 Mostly money right now. Almost all extra money is going towards the wedding or paying off student loans, so we don't have a lot of extra for the initial investment with a dog. I think after the wedding we'll be able to swing it, so yet another reason to want October to get here fast. :)

• @Peaseblossom55 - Lots of love and hugs sent your way, lady.

@Swazzle - I have tried to book trips to Alaska with two different sets of people, and both have ended up going without me. I feel as if I'm destined to never go, and that depresses me. I hope your H smarts up!

---------------------------------------------

I wish it could be as warm in the mornings as it has been during the day. Running in freezing cold sucks extra when you know it's warming up soon. I make bad clothing choices.

I wish I could see into my BF's brain. HE has brought up engagement/marriage at least once a week for over a month now. Right when I started getting over the annoyance that came with all the holiday engagements. Does this mean it's getting closer? I wish I knew what he was thinking!

I wish we could plan a vacation together, instead of the planning falling on my shoulders and me being too indecisive about everything.

I wish the days were longer, and that House of Cards was never ending. It's so tough keeping to one episode a day!

• Not a big fan of the page update. Like everyone else, I had to search, but thought maybe my coffee hadn't kicked in yet.

My wish-For spring to come. I'm so tired of winter. But, secondary wish-If we actually get this snow storm, that it's enough to close work tomorrow so that I can have a rest day. No one comes out when it's snowy, so I'd rather just stay home.

I wish-that this pseudo cold I'm developing would either just become a cold so I can get over it, or just go far far away.

I wish my cats would stop being little jerks during the night and let me sleep. They seem to get fussy when the weather changes, and these impending storms have not been good for any of us.
  • @TwoDimes Well boo, that idea for the bouquets wouldn't work well then. I really like the ideas you've mentioned so far though. I think your tables will look great! 

Yes, exactly! Even if we go to a shelter, we have the initial round of vet bills, supplies, and the pet deposit for our apartment complex (which I think is $1000). As much as I want a puppy, we can't afford one just yet. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be able to afford one after the wedding.

• @AlPacina - But you're so close! If I were you, I'd go alone :) 

• edited March 2015
    I wish that:

The snow would stop

I would quit having hot flashes (I seriously turn bright red randomly throughout the day - I think i'm actually growing a fireball instead of a baby)

H's foot heals quickly (He broke it monday night slipping on some ice while walking the dog
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Vibes for your H's foot @allusive007

I wish I could re-eat my sandwich because it was so delicious!

I wish losing weight was easier.

I wish it was sunny.

I wish I could win the lottery so I didn't have to work anymore.

• @twodimes - the venue provided a square mirror that was under them. If they hadn't had that, I wasn't going to have anything. I had a runner (very pale blue so hard to see in the pic). Honestly, with everything else on the table (napkins, menu, wine glasses, water glasses, silverware), the simpler the centerpiece, the better... at least for a standard size table.

• eilis1228 I know, it is amazing that they've done all of these invasive tests and still cannot find a problem.  We're hoping that even though the gall bladder has nothing to do with chest pains, that once it is removed all her problems will be over.

AlPacina even though he is bringing it up, don't think about it! I know, easier said then done.  Hopefully, if you show no reaction, he will stop bringing it up.

allusive007 what did he break? I broke my talus (top bone where foot and ankle meet) back in August.  Did they put him in a hard cast or boot?
  • @twodimes those centerpieces are gorgeous! Also I hear you on the wedding invitations. I have started looking early in hopes of finding something reasonable that I also really like, but haven't found too many options yet. I really like the look of simple yet formal letterpress, so finding inexpensive ones are proving to be difficult. Even the thermography versions seem to cost more than I would like to spend. 

-I wish that I could go through and respond to each and every one of you. I will try my best, but I might get busy. 
    -I wish that these so called layoffs that we are hearing rumors of would happen already. I want to know where I stand and if we need to cut back on any wedding expenses. 
    -I also wish that I didn't have to be in at 10 am every morning after staying up until at least 10 pm working with people overseas. But I fear that bringing that up to my manager might cost me my job with impending layoffs, so more 12+ hour days with no overtime ahead for me. 
    -I wish that my jaw pain would go away. It looks like I might have semi-permanent to permanent nerve damage :(

• @speakeasy14 - But I don't want him to stop bringing it up! Talking about it means it comes up on his mind, of his own volition. It's good news for me, considering he used to avoid the topic if at all possible, haha. But yes, still trying not to think about it. I've done so well at not bringing anything up myself!

@swazzle - I'm seriously getting to that point. I've considered just buying two cruise tickets and saying whoever wants to come can be my guest. No one ever seems to have the money/time and then all of a sudden they're going in a week!

• Thanks @labro - it's the 3rd time he's broken his foot since i've known him...so he is unlucky with feet. Go figure he works for a podiatrist! At least the x-ray and consult were free!!
  • AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    @allusive007 - Works for podiatrist and keeps breaking his foot? I guess it's good he didn't get hired by a urologist!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards