African American Weddings

Honoring my Mom on my Wedding Day

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas on ways to honor my deceased mom on my wedding day. Something other than the picture with a candle on a table. I am going to put a rose from my bouquet on her seat after I walk down the aisle and I will also have a piece from her wedding veil attached to my bridal bouquet. Any other ideas? Has anyone else honored a deceased parent on their wedding day and what did you do? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honoring my Mom on my Wedding Day

• island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2015
    I think the two ideas you have are great!  To honor my Dad I am having his favorite songs played by steel drum during the cocktail hour.  He loved the steel pan and would have loved that I booked a drummer had he been here to experience it.  To honor my Grandma I am having the wedding rings carried on top of her favorite bible.  She loved that little bible so!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I love the bible idea for your Grandma. My mom LOVED her bible too! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Both are lovely ideas.   I also like the song idea too.  How about adding a locket with her picture and let it hang from your bouquet?  Check pinterest there are a few photos of that being done.
  • My parents are still here...Praise Him!! However, I am surprising my husband at our Princess wedding ceremony by honoring HIS deceased mother. During the reception, I asked my eldest stepson to do a mime interpretation to a song with a picture slideshow in lieu of the mother/son dance.
    You have my WHOLE heart for my WHOLE life!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards