Wedding Woes
Options

Yes, I watched Birth in the Wild last night in the event there would be a discussion.

I'm sure you already know what I'm thinking....

Re: Yes, I watched Birth in the Wild last night in the event there would be a discussion.

• Options
    It's on my DVR.  I plan to watch today.
  • Options

Why? I get the no hospital thing, but really. It's cold, dirty and that chick was making sounds I've never heard before. I'm sure it's going to make it on The Soup.

I'm sure there was a medical crew somewhere in the background, but why?

• Options

All I can think is how I checked in for my induction...  "Hi - I'm here for my epidural!" ...Don't you mean to have a baby" ...  No, I can have the baby in a barn, but I can only get an epidural here!"...  and an obvious WHY?!?!?!

• Options
    I don't think I need to see this show. 
  • Options
    I consider myself kinda crunchy -- we're cloth diapering, breastfeeding and co-sleeping, and the birth I'd prefer is a naturally occurring, epidural-free, low-intervention one with skin-to-skin for a minimum of an hour afterwards and I want my husband and me to be the only one to bathe the spawn -- but fuck giving birth in the woods or having a completely unattended birth. I want to be in a place where medical science can intervene in an emergent situation and where the offspring can get the vitamin K injections and first hepatitis vaccination. I just cannot understand the thought process behind this sort of woo.

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Because people have done it in the woods for years!  Yep, and a lot of babies and moms died.  I also think it was incredibly selfish. She had older kids.  What if something happened to her?  Her husband would have been left a single parent with the knowledge that he was somewhat to blame for his wife's death.  For some reason it just makes it even worse to me that she had kids already.
  • Options

I consider myself kinda crunchy -- we're cloth diapering, breastfeeding and co-sleeping, and the birth I'd prefer is a naturally occurring, epidural-free, low-intervention one with skin-to-skin for a minimum of an hour afterwards and I want my husband and me to be the only one to bathe the spawn -- but fuck giving birth in the woods or having a completely unattended birth. I want to be in a place where medical science can intervene in an emergent situation and where the offspring can get the vitamin K injections and first hepatitis vaccination. I just cannot understand the thought process behind this sort of woo.

DS was accidentally epidural-free, and because he was big and my labor was short, I had some uterine atony going on immediately afterward.  They tried beating the hell out of my uterus, and when that didn't do the trick, my OB had them give me a supersize dose of oxytocin.  Thank goodness I wasn't out in the woods somewhere, or even odds I would have bled out afterward.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

DS was accidentally epidural-free, and because he was big and my labor was short, I had some uterine atony going on immediately afterward.  They tried beating the hell out of my uterus, and when that didn't do the trick, my OB had them give me a supersize dose of oxytocin.  Thank goodness I wasn't out in the woods somewhere, or even odds I would have bled out afterward.
    The hospital we're using is very natural birth friendly, but they require a dose of pitocin after birth to help with bleeding. I appreciate this.

• Options
    6fsn said:

All I could think was "I've seen more of Piper's birth than any of my own."

HA.  They asked me if I wanted a mirror while I was pushing and I was all, "FUCK NO!" 

More power to you if you want to watch, but that gets a big "NOPE!" from this chick. 
  • Options
    I watched yesterday.  Holy crap.

I agree with 6 about the kids thing.  I think it's completely insane anyway, but kids makes it worse.

This show is going to piss me off every week but I can't not watch it.

• Options

HA.  They asked me if I wanted a mirror while I was pushing and I was all, "FUCK NO!" 

More power to you if you want to watch, but that gets a big "NOPE!" from this chick. 
    They asked me this with Wooz, too!  At first I said "Uh, sure, I'll give it a try" and within seconds I was like "Nope, nope, take it away!"image
  • Options
    See, I could watch.  I actually planned to both times.  I do have my c-sections pics that I find very cool.
  • Options
    I tried to get DK to take some c-section pics because I was curious, but I'm probably just lucky that he made it through in the OR without passing out. (He refused to take the pics - I was too busy trying not to puke - i failed - to pay attention to what was happening.)
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:

I tried to get DK to take some c-section pics because I was curious, but I'm probably just lucky that he made it through in the OR without passing out. (He refused to take the pics - I was too busy trying not to puke - i failed - to pay attention to what was happening.)

DH used the continuous mode to snap pictures.  I could make a flipbook of the girls being born.
  • Options
    tawillers said:

*Barbie* said:

DH used the continuous mode to snap pictures.  I could make a flipbook of the girls being born.
    I remember you sharing some of your pics - they were really cool. 
  • Options

6fsn said:

All I could think was "I've seen more of Piper's birth than any of my own."

Big nope from me also!! I did not want to see that and can't imagine anyone else did either!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards