Chit Chat

"Pop The Question" Invitation Horror Stories

edited March 2015 in Chit Chat

"Pop the Question" is a weekly Jezebel column where commenters tell wedding horror stories. Idk if any of y'all keep up with it, but this week they're telling invitation horror stories (clicky) and some of them are just . . . wow. For instance, one person sent her invitations on September 10, 2001 for her wedding that was supposed to be in the World Trade Center. When she told her printer that she needed to rush a new invitation order, they refused to accommodate her request because "your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on our part."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: "Pop The Question" Invitation Horror Stories

I can't even with that response....

Anniversary
  • Oh hey, 20 minutes of my life gone. 
    Do they ever compile the best stories so you don't have to read all the comments? I haven't seen this column before but it may become my new addiction. 

• chibiyui said:

I can't even with that response....
    I know! It's like with all the little things brides have to worry about and plan for, TERRORIST ATTACKS are now apparently one of them . . .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• I hope she named the printer, god knows I would want to support them.

I'd review them only stating "if you buy your invites here, the terrorists win." That should effective end their business.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Oh hey, 20 minutes of my life gone. 

Do they ever compile the best stories so you don't have to read all the comments? I haven't seen this column before but it may become my new addiction. 
    For me reading all the comments is part of the procrastination fun, but they do round up the best stories the next day. For instance, last week on Wednesday they had people tell stories about who "Marvin"ed their wedding, after that news piece about Marvin Bush came out, and they published the best comment roundup Thursday.

• The one where the grandma secretly glued orange flowers to all the invites? Hilarious. 
  • NowIAmSypNowIAmSyp member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    LOL at having to use "Birds of Prey" stamps on the invites...   

I would die laughing if I received an invitation with a falcon or raptor of some sort on it.  

ETA: words
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards