Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bachelor Party

loveislouderloveislouder member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited March 2015 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
I've been lurking around and haven't found anything recent (or I could be blind) so here goes:

I had my bachelorette party a couple weeks back and it AMAZING. I want am hoping that someone is planning for FI to have a bachelor party to make sure he has a great memory to look back on like I do.

Am I allowed to inquire if anyone is planning something for him? Our wedding is next month (SCARY) and FI is away for the two weeks leading up to the wedding.

Thanks Knotties!

ETA: I would NEVER ask anyone to plan something for him. That was never my intention.

Re: Bachelor Party

• I'd just let it go- if someone IS planning something, great! If someone isn't, then obviously it's rude to ask/pressure people to throw him one. So I'd just keep quiet and at least know that you'll be giving him an awesome memory soon- your wedding!

Formerly martha1818

• If you ask, and no one is planning something, its going to be a really awkward conversation. And then someone might feel obligated to put something together last minute.

I would just let it go.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • marie2785marie2785 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    I wouldn't be concerned. If it's important to your FI, he can be a big boy and figure it out. It's really not your job and if you try to look into it you might come across as meddling and controlling. 

• General consensus: No. Alright, thanks guys.  I just really hope no one is planning something for the two weeks he's away because that would suck for everyone.
  • Don't ask. The conversation will either be really good, "oh yea, so and so is planning it and blah blah blah..." OR it will be "no, not that I know of...."(queue crickets and awkward silence). 

If you don't know about any party plans and the wedding is a month away, my guess is that it's not happening. 

If you want your FH to have a really fun party in his honor, throw him an awesome birthday party next time his birthday rolls around.
    *********************************************************************************

• General consensus: No. Alright, thanks guys.  I just really hope no one is planning something for the two weeks he's away because that would suck for everyone.

I wouldn't worry- if they're smart they'd ask him about his availability before planning anything. I not then that's on them :)

Formerly martha1818

• Don't ask. The conversation will either be really good, "oh yea, so and so is planning it and blah blah blah..." OR it will be "no, not that I know of...."(queue crickets and awkward silence). 

If you don't know about any party plans and the wedding is a month away, my guess is that it's not happening. 

If you want your FH to have a really fun party in his honor, throw him an awesome birthday party next time his birthday rolls around.
    This is a fantastic idea. His birthday is March 24.  Cue the beginning of  party planning.

This is a fantastic idea. His birthday is March 24.  Cue the beginning of  party planning.

That's my guy's birthday too!  Cool!
  • adk19 said:

Don't ask. The conversation will either be really good, "oh yea, so and so is planning it and blah blah blah..." OR it will be "no, not that I know of...."(queue crickets and awkward silence). 

That's my guy's birthday too!  Cool!

That's my birthday too!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards