Knottie Tech Help
Options

New Budget doesn't have spend tracking

I think I just lost all of my spend tracking.  At least it isn't visible any longer.  Where is the payment tracker feature?  I am absolutely depending on this to know the balance of what I still owe my vendors.  I don't really need this stress this close to my wedding!

Re: New Budget doesn't have spend tracking

• Options
    Hi there,

We definitely want you to be able to access your older info in the budget tool, especially so close to your wedding.

Your old budgeter will appear for you. You can now transfer the data (cut/paste) over to the new tool on our brand new budget feature. If you run into any issues, please let me know and I'll make sure your data is recovered!

Thanks!
    KR
  • Options
    I'm in the exact same boat.  I just emailed their help email address for assistance.  A heads up would have been nice especially since all of my final payments are coming up and I need to make sure i'm not going way over budget!
  • Options
    The link you provided is just the budget page.  How do I get to the payment tracker piece?  And more importantly, at this point, how can I export my data.  Getting really nervous that the new site has become completely unusable for me.  I want to make sure that the data I have entered into your tools is backed up somewhere else.

The new budget feature doesn't appear to be all that useful other than to type in a number on a predefined field and to set an overall budget number.  Am I missing something?
  • Options
    The payment tracker button is now working on the link you provided me.  Not sure what the issue was.  I was able to copy the data and move it into a spreadsheet.  The due date information isn't visible in the Details link of the payment tracker.  But that might just be a browser thing.  I won't be using your budgeting tool any longer.
  • Options
    How were you able to export the budget tracker to a spreadsheet?  I need to do this too.  I really wish The Knot hadn't updated the website until this particular feature was ready to go. 
  • Options
    I clicked on the Printable Page link at the top of the page and was able to copy most of the info on there.  I then pasted it into a spreadsheet and typed in what couldn't be copied.  Some reformatting and calculations needed to be done, but that went fairly quickly.
  • Options
    I'm very sorry for the trouble you've all been having with this.

Our customer service team is also able to export any budget information, so please contact them at help@theknot.com, and they'll make sure your data is recovered.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Thank you!
    KR
  • Options
    Thanks.  I was able to get the vast majority of it.  I will go back to my contracts for the due dates.
  • Options
    HI KNotRiley, I emailed the help desk as you suggested and askd them to export the data to an excel spreadsheet and sent to me.  Going forward, please warn your tech department not to implement an entire site redsign if all features are not ready to be used.  Believe me, I do this for a living and your users are not going to like it. 
  • Options
    I'm absolutely passing the feedback along @JenLD2015. Again, really sorry for these issues and any headaches they've caused!
  • Options
    Thanks KnotRiley
  • Options
    I can't find my budget stuff either! I thought I was losing my mind and just spent 20 minutes trying to figure it out. HELP!
    The new budget page is awful! It won't even allow me to change a value to zero.
    I need my old information restored please!!!!!!!
  • Options
    so is the payment tracker not available on the new site?  I can access it with the link @knotriley provided above but will its not showing up on the new page.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not to pile on, but my biggest problem with the budgeter is that it's not "re-balancing" like it's supposed to! I guess it's the same problem as not being able to see the actual payments, but the numbers I've input currently add up to MORE than my budget, and I wouldn't know that except that I'm crazy enough to manually add them together and not trust the technology. That's definitely a problem. 
  • Options
    Hey @hampborn - send us an email at help@TheKnot.com and we'll recover your info!

@laurad75 Unfortunately it is not available right now, our team is working on an updated version of it, but it won't be out for a little while.

@EllenBlack0512 That's absolutely a problem! I'll pass this along to our tech team, thanks for letting me know!
  • Options
    @knotriley So something similar is coming, got it.  Thank you!  The site looks really great, I'm sure we will all get used to soon.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sad to lose my payment info but I'm more concerned that I can no longer adjust categories or see the actual total.
  • Options
    VERY frustrating.  Other websites are much better and the stress from this change makes me knot want to use your site.
  • Options
    @erinmcgonegal what other sites are you using to plan. I'd love to see other options. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Guess I am moving to Wedding Wire!
  • Options
    I, too, am very disappointed by the changes.  Luckily, I did not have too much information in the payment tracker so I was able to go back and make a hard copy for myself fairly easily.  However, I felt very sorry for brides who were/are close to their wedding day and were left to frantically recover that information.  I feel that the payment tracker was probably the most useful tool on the website.  The new website should have never been implemented without it, in my opinion.  I also do not like the new budgeter or checklist.  For the budgeter, in an effort to make it more "user friendly," I think it is a little too simple now.  I liked the more detailed breakdown of the old one.  Also, for the checklist, I liked being able to quickly check things off.  Now, you have to click on the item first to bring up the menu, which then allows you to mark it complete.  The search feature also seems to be a pain.  I used to be able to simply search "purple wedding ideas" and it would bring up a lot of items.  However, now it searches for keywords in certain categories only and generally comes up with no results. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards