Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Thank you cards

Our wedding was 3 weeks ago and im still writting thank you cards Cry as soon as we got back from our HM, H and I went immediately back to work and moving into our new home...so im barely getting to them. Am I really behind?? How late is really late to send out thank yous??

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Thank you cards

• I think if you get them out within a month-a month and a half, you are fine. It's not like you are putting them off and not doing them. You are at least trying to get them out. I'd send out whatever you get done each day, even if that means some get their TY note before others. Just make it a goal to write 5-10 each night until they're finished.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • EK2013EK2013 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_thank-you-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:2fa7542d-c5d5-417e-ab87-4a1f94938e26Post:1d12be7f-fee0-434a-aa93-1c836098b88b">Thank you cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding was 3 weeks ago and im still writting thank you cards  as soon as we got back from our HM, H and I went immediately back to work and moving into our new home...so im barely getting to them. Am I really behind?? How late is really late to send out thank yous??
    Posted by eguzman2323[/QUOTE]

<div>Right now you're very much fine--and they go pretty quickly if you can carve out an hour or so here and there for them. Don't stress about them, just chip away at them. (Divide them into smaller piles if it helps). And yeah, send them out as you finish them!</div><div>
    </div><div>I think I personally fall into the 3-months-or-less-is-ideal wedding TY camp.</div>
  • Thank you ladies :) I feel a lot better, but I do promise to get them out as soon as possible :)
  • We didn't get ours out for 3 months because we were waiting for our photo cards to come in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH & I did ours right away, but that's just my style. I've gotten some within 2-3 months and have been more than OK with that.

We had about 100 to write and between each individual note, addressing, stamping and sealing it took us 10 hours.

We were grateful for our guests but sheeessshhhh....
  • We got ours out within 3 months. I have received thank you cards up to 1 year after the wedding so you are fine Wink
  • Hey, 3 weeks is good! I haven't even received thank yous for 2 showers I went to in the spring, or their 2 weddings. I doubt I will ever see them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i read something online that says proper wedding etiquette is before your one year anniversary! so don't fret your friends and family are understanding of what you have going on in your life and they know you are thankful! ;) They will be happy when they receive it and wont judge you! ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_thank-you-cards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:2fa7542d-c5d5-417e-ab87-4a1f94938e26Post:f291881e-3527-4d48-9419-0da1a9b717fb">Re: Thank you cards</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>i read something online that says proper wedding etiquette is before your one year anniversary!</strong> so don't fret your friends and family are understanding of what you have going on in your life and they know you are thankful! ;) They will be happy when they receive it and wont judge you! ;)
    Posted by Jessicasmith85[/QUOTE]

That "advice" is pretty outdated now and most would agree to the 3 months or less, though some people personally start getting upset after 1.5 or 2 months. I would say 3 months at the absolute most.

And no, as a friend or family member, I would not understand what took you one whole year to write some cards. Honestly. That's just ridiculous.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I'm not married yet so I'm not sure if my advice is very helpful for you, but the advice my mom gave me for my bridal shower thank you notes was to do them in groups. I have so much to do that if I wait until I can do them all, I will never get them done. Her advice, though, was to do them in groups. 

I did the notes in groups of people most likely to talk to each other (like mom's work group or all of my great aunts who get together and so on) so that no one would get their feelings hurt if they talk to each other and realize that one of them has gotten a thank you and the other hasn't. 
    Anniversary
  • Thank you for all your advice :) I will definitely work on getting them out before the 3 month mark..and geieran I am also doing them in groups and starting to send them out asap :)
  • We're personally aiming for two-months or less, but you're doing just fine.  Especially if your guests know that you moved, they understand that you might not have even opened your gifts yet, let alone know who gave what.  (I'm all for three months or less, we're just trying to get all these done)

Also, we made sure that we send a card to anyone BEFORE we deposit their check.  Feels weird (for us at least), to take their money without thanking them for it.  That being said, we still have 95% of our checks, lol.

Congrats!
    Anniversary
  • We got married last weekend & we haven't even opened anything yet! I am trying to get the Thank You cards done ASAP.
    But I wanted to enjoy our first week as Husband & Wife, & our children start school next week, so we've had ALOT going on.
    I think I am going to try to get them all out within a month or two!
    Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards