Not Engaged Yet

Thursday Thoughts

This weather can go F itself. 

My coworkers are on my last nerve today. One doesn't pick up his feet when he walks and another has like stress balls (?) and every few minutes, all you can hear is "clickclickclickclickclickclick." INFURIATING.

H and I are going to finish SOA tonight and I'm scared. 

I threw a bunch of shit in the crockpot before I left for work and I forgot to add any spices so I expect it's not going to taste very good. 

There has been an insane influx of newbs this week and I have no idea who anyone is. 

I haven't been to the movies in a while and I'm itching to go but I don't think there's anything worth seeing out right now. 

I wish PB would call me to schedule delivery for my couch already! It's been 2 weeks since I ordered and I want to finish furnishing my living room but want to wait to see how the couch looks first.

I can't believe how soon @GoldenPenguin's and @hummingbird125's weddings are!!!!

Re: Thursday Thoughts

• Morning Swazzle!

I'm working from home today. The snow started falling around 6am and it's supposed to snow for the next 13 hours. I still have my fingers crossed that my flight tomorrow won't be affected.

I have a business book I"m planning on reading in front of the fireplace today. I'll also catch up on Season 3 of House of Cards.

Oh, and there's probably a nap in my future. YIPPEE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I'm done with winter and cold and snow and freezing rain. And I'm done with the combination of those things not giving me a day off from work.

Our invitations were delivered on Tuesday (YAY) and we put together a sample last night. They look great, but I am wishing we'd thought about a way to hold all of the enclosures together; I feel like they look sort of sloppy all loose in the envelope.

I feel like every person who took transit today was hit with the inconsiderate stick on their way out of the house. Jerks abound. My patience with transit is decreasing faster than our moving day is approaching.

FMIL suggested that I take things off our registry closer to the wedding so that more people will give us cash. I thought my head was going to explode.

My BMs are having a shower for me on Saturday and I don't know what to wear. I think I am going shopping tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm ready to turn my phone off rather than field another phone call from someone telling me they're going to throw me under the bus when the next round of all-hell-breaks-loose breaks loose.

I can't lead a rebellion worth a damn. As it turns out, most of my classmates are just fine with a class with no structure or expectations, thank you very much.

I'm going to the DMV today to finally get my driver's license updated so the hard copy reflects my correct address. Updated it online with the DMV, haven't done it in person yet.

I'm done with cold, both the temperature and the illness.
  • @cu97tiger - THAT is what I'm going to do today! I need to watch the last 2 episodes of season 2 and I want to start season 3. As long as work cooperates and stays quiet YAY!

@lmcooper86 - Pics or it didn't happen! Yay for your shower! 

@KeptInStitches - Are you changing your name after you're married? 

• Good morning!

Here are my thoughts this snowy morning:

WTF weather! There is no more room for all this damn snow. I am sick and tired of driving on icy streets and of digging my car out.

I LOVE WORKING FROM HOME. This is the 2nd time in two weeks I was allowed to do so, and I hope I can continue doing so at least once every couple of weeks.

I am SO EXCITED for all the wedding stuff coming up, both mine and @GoldenPenguin 's. I cannot WAIT for her bridal shower/bachelorette party, then for my shower and my b-party, then her wedding, and then MY WEDDING and honeymoon. That is a whole lot of awesome stuff to look forward to within the next 3 months. 

Can Kohls.com get it together please? I really want to order THIS skirt to wear for my bridal shower, but it has been out of stock for weeks. I will wear my tulle and look like a fucking princess with or without your help, Kohl's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • (sorry about all the n00bs, me being one and all!)

Add me to the list of people hating the weather. It was mid-40s and rainy yesterday, which was also my birthday, so I was pleased with a break from the usual winter BS.

One of my dogs escaped the yard this morning and I don't know how, all I know was he contained when my roommate was leaving for work and when she was gone so was he. THANKFULLY he was not difficult to find, all I had to do was follow the paw prints.

My bedroom and bathroom are disasters, but I also have a ton of school work to get done by Sunday and I need to get most of it done today because this is my last day off for the week and I work all weekend. I am having trouble getting motivated today PERIOD and hate feeling like I have to choose between the two things.
  • @lmcooper86 - I wouldn't worry about the enclosures. I think that's pretty standard with most wedding invitations!

@hummingbird125 - I second you on WFH. Today I am 'working.' I'm also charging everything I need for my trip tomorrow and this afternoon I will start putting everything I have laid out into my suitcase!!!!

@untouchablets - Actually, I feel like you're one of the newbs that I actually know. You intro'd yourself and have become fairly active. Keep it up, girl! Also, happy belated birthday! Did you get any good gifts?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• cu97tiger said:

@untouchablets - Actually, I feel like you're one of the newbs that I actually know. You intro'd yourself and have become fairly active. Keep it up, girl! Also, happy belated birthday! Did you get any good gifts?
    Yes! It was pretty low-key but my bf's family got me some neat stuff, like a Walking Dead comic book and a sign that says "I drink coffee for your protection"
    BF got me the greatest gift - plane tickets to go see my family for Thanksgiving this year. They live in MN and we live in NY, I haven't seen them in almost 5 years. My sister is turning 16 on Thanksgiving this year so I asked him a few months ago if we could plan a trip. Looks like he got a head start <3
  • @Swazzle- I didn't take a pictures on the one put together, but I took this picture to send to my mom in a "look at all this pretty!" sort of way. I am trying to insert it but my internet isn't cooperating. I'll take one tonight or Saturday when we're putting them together.

@cu97tiger - I know other people probably will not care. My rational self knows that and knows that I won't care about it in 3 months. And yet for some reason it's really really bugging me. I just said to FI that I am caring about stuff that I didn't expect to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I had the evening from hell last night.  I overdid it at the gym yesterday and under ate so I can barely walk and was cranky as hell last night.  Then H wanted to get into a debate about Purina dog food...no.  Then I cleaned the kitchen and made our dog some chicken....THEN he threw it all up on the only rug we have in the house. Then H was talking about throwing it (the rug) out ...no.  So I cleaned it up and promptly forgot about my "no wine during the week" rule and had a glass.  F that.

H is going to want to get into a debate about life insurance tonight and I just can't.  Unless I have another glass of wine.  His choice if he pushes the topic.

I wish I was working from home. 

As much as I complained about H above, he made me crack up this morning.  Its hard to be mad at someone who makes you laugh all the time.

• nycgal85nycgal85 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    I made the rare attempt to actually get to work on time this morning, only to have my train encounter an "issue" after one stop and we all had to evacuate.

I also feel guilty expressing this sentiment, but the snow really is pretty when it's white, falling, and on the trees. They look so serene. And now I will go hide before every knottie in the Northeast beats me to death.....
  • @hummingbird125 - I hope you get your skirt so that everyone else knows you're a princess. Please don't forget your tiara. 

@untouchablets - Happy belated birthday! How did you celebrate?

@lmcooper86 - I can't wait to see them! Your wedding is SO close!

@minskat30 - I hope you feel better soon! I read somewhere that pickle juice is good for sore muscles :)

• @Swazzle - Thank you.  I love pickles...good excuse to have some now.  ;) 
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    nycgal85 said:

I made the rare attempt to actually get to work on time this morning, only to have my train encounter an "issue" after one stop and we all had to evacuate.

I also feel guilty expressing this sentiment, but the snow really is pretty when it's white, falling, and on the trees. They look so serene. And now I will go hide before every knottie in the Northeast beats me to death.....

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    @swazzle - Thanks! I had to work from 5am-2pm because I am the only full time supervisor and my boss had a meeting, so I didn't do a lot of celebrating because I was really tired. BF and I went to dinner at a hibachi place and then I opened gifts at his house and then we came back to mine for the rest of the night. He had homework so I drank wine and watched Catfish on MTV lol (does anybody else like that show??). The REAL celebration is this weekend, we are going to a Maroon 5 concert, so that'll be fun.
  • @minskat30 - Sounds like an awful night. My dog throws up a lot (vets have all said it's normal for her breed) and has a new habit of going into the bathroom to do it on the bathmat. In some ways this is adorable (maybe she learned after seeing mommy in the bathroom after 1 too many cocktails....?) and in some ways infuriating, since the rest of my apartment is hardwood and therefore easier to clean.

@nycgal85 - Public transit sounds awful. I am used to being in control of my own commute and having my own space even when there is an issue like traffic, but I start a new job at the end of March and will be taking the T instead of driving....so I guess I'll have to adjust.

My thoughts consist of: wam weather, relaxation, beach, bikinis (ugh), and tequila. Leaving Saturday morning for a week in Puerto Vallarta! Can't come fast enough.....
  • @untouchablets - Ohhh hibachi, that sounds SO good! Have you seen Maroon 5 before? I went last year when they were touring with Kelly Clarkson (who I also love) and they were so, so good. Mmmmmmmm Adam Levine <3 I watch Catfish when I see it on but don't go out of my way to watch/DVR it. That show is crazy. People are crazy. 

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    @untouchablets I used to watch Catfish, but I haven't watched it lately. I found it very entertaining/ mortifying. How is this season? 

@Imcooper86 YAYYY for invitations! We sent ours out last weekend, and have gotten responses from a lot of people that they received them and think they're beautiful! That is so rewarding, considering I obsessed over them. I know what you mean about enclosures being "loose" but I wouldn't worry about it. Just put them together in a stack and I'm sure it will look neat and gorgeous. 

ETA: I used slip in liners and FREAKED OUT when I thought I inserted a few slightly off center. FI was like... "looks good to me". Even my dad, who is a STICKLER for things being straight and even said "looks perfect!". Didn't look perfect to me! So I do know what you mean about being a perfectionist about things that other people don't care about. Now that they're sent out, I just feel like "yep. they're awesome. whatever."

Last weekend I also picked up my wedding dress from alterations. It was the third time I went in to see her, and it's all done! I'll probably try it on again closer to the wedding (5/24) but I doubt anything else will be an issue. I've been BAD at dieting/ exercising. I think I'm pretty much staying this way for the wedding, and even if I lost some wait I don't think the fit of the dress will change. Any advice about underwear? I think I do need some good  high waisted spanx to just... make me more comfortable/ sucked in with out thinking about it. Dress is at my parents house. Good thing, or else I probably wouldn't leave it alone! 

I have an interview/ training tomorrow with a Temp agency that handles the substitute teachers for my area. There's a lot of training for subbing now! I was surprised. I did 2.5 hours of online training, and then tomorrow will be 3 hours in person. 

And this Saturday will be busy! Spring session of Saturday classes at the prep school start up. I think I'm going to a "blue/ black, white/gold dress" lesson. i.e. Color perception, optical color mixing, maybe some discussion of pointillism/ impressionism.  And right after, I'm going to go to a hair/ makeup trial. I hope it goes well!!

• @jenjen047 - I know how you feel.  ALL of our house is hardwood except that one damn rug.  And TMI - we tried to catch him before he did it and pull him away but we ended up just spreading it all over the carpet instead of the one pile I'm sure he was going to leave.  Lovely. 

I'm jealous of your upcoming trip as well as @cu97tiger - Have fun in the sun!

• Swazzle said:

@untouchablets - Ohhh hibachi, that sounds SO good! Have you seen Maroon 5 before? I went last year when they were touring with Kelly Clarkson (who I also love) and they were so, so good. Mmmmmmmm Adam Levine <3 I watch Catfish when I see it on but don't go out of my way to watch/DVR it. That show is crazy. People are crazy. 

I saw them when BF and I first started dating in 2009, they were actually the first concert I ever went to! Loved them, can't wait to see them again! Last nights ep was SUPER CRAZY and I think that's why I like the show, but I also only catch it when it's on.
    lilacck28 said:

@untouchablets I used to watch Catfish, but I haven't watched it lately. I found it very entertaining/ mortifying. How is this season?
    It is still entertaining/mortifying lol. So far they've been using different cohosts because while they were filming Max was doing a movie and couldn't be there. Last night's ep had last year's Miss Teen USA who was stalked via her webcam for an entire year after she won before the FBI got involved and the guy wound up in prison. The ep itself was about a guy who submitted the application FOR THE GIRL HE WAS CATFISHING. So they contacted the girl who was like wtf and said how they were talking on OkCupid and exchanged phone numbers and he sent her a pic that was totally not the same person on his profile. They investigated and it turns out the guy was known for being super creepy about feet, and he didn't get why doing what he did was hella scary.
    edited March 2015
    @Swazzle - I would if I could, but the thought came out before I knew what was happening!! I'm sure the train "issue" was a direct result of my blasphemous thoughts.

@lilacck28 - I'm obsessed with the kitchenaid standing mixer. My BF wanted to buy me one for my 30th birthday (yeah, that's the level I am obsessed), but the sale ended before he could get it and regular price is waaaay over our set budgets for gifts for each other. It's definitely the #1 thing going on our future wedding registry.

I don't know of any good recipes, I do a ton of baking though so I want to use it for easier baking.  Also, we want the pasta making attachment, and I want the ice cream maker attachment.

My therapist teased me last night, she said I should start a small kitchen appliance blog because I love them so much and have so many. BF suggested I call it 'The Mini-malist". LOL. I recently got a Nutribullet and I'm totally in love. I've been making green smoothies for breakfast every morning, and today I made a carrot mango smoothie for a snack...it's much more veggie tasting than the green smoothies with spinach, but still very yummy.
  • @untouchablets

O.o 

Crazy town!!
  • @nycgal85 what's your green smoothie recipe? I've tried a few, but they always end up just tasting like spinach! 
  • lilacck28 said:

We got another wedding gift! KITCHENAID STAND MIXER. She's beautiful. We named her Mint Julep. If anyone has some recipes that use a mixer  they would like to share, please do :)

Gorgegous! Super jealous. I have a stand mixer being held hostage at my moms house because I have no space for it in my kitchen. I miss it so much. I never got to use it that much and when I did it was just for the basics: cookies and cakes mostly. But it certainly made those much easier. Creaming butter and sugar without a stand mixer = death.

minskat30 said:

@jenjen047 - I know how you feel.  ALL of our house is hardwood except that one damn rug.  And TMI - we tried to catch him before he did it and pull him away but we ended up just spreading it all over the carpet instead of the one pile I'm sure he was going to leave.  Lovely. 

I'm jealous of your upcoming trip as well as @cu97tiger - Have fun in the sun!

Not TMI at all...I've done the same thing. It always makes it worse. And thanks! I will send warm weather vibes back to everyone here!

edited March 2015
    lilacck28 said:

@nycgal85 what's your green smoothie recipe? I've tried a few, but they always end up just tasting like spinach! 

1-2 handfuls baby spinach or kale (use fresh not frozen, organic if you can)
    1-2 handfuls frozen fruit (I use a lot of strawberries, bananas, mangos, blueberries)
    1/3c fat-free plain greek yogurt
    1T peanut butter (I use chunky natural peanut butter)
    1T chia seeds
    1/2t Stevia Extract
    Water or Coconut water (occasionally I will use 1% milk, especially if I am out of yogurt)....obviously more liquid makes it more of a liquidy smoothie. With the nutribullet I tend to just fill it to the max fill line so that's easy. I used to make it in a blender though and that was just haphazard however much I felt like throwing in.

The key is to have equal amounts of fruit and veg, so if you use a cup of spinach use at least a cup of fruit. 

ETA: I recently bought a bag of raw cacao nibs and I'm excited to try those in my smoothies too so I can get my chocolate fix! I've heard the key with raw cacao is you have to pair it with a sweet fruit like bananas, because that brings out the flavor and makes it less bitter. It tastes like really good dark chocolate then :)
  • BF got a job!! *happy dance*

I've been having a shitty week - my hormones are all over the place. I've been grumpy and emotional. I have cried over the stupidest shit all week. I would like to go back to normal please.

@lilacck28 - I'm jealous of your Kitchen-Aid mixer! My mom wants to give me her old one but it's so freaking heavy the shipping costs would be a fortune! So it's still sitting at her house :(

• @lilacck28 - I wore a light blue Hanky Panky lace thong that said Mrs. on it. It was a gift from my MOH. Good luck with your interview! Can't wait to see pics from your hair and makeup trial!

@bethsmiles - Congrats to your BF! 

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    @BethSmiles CONGRATS! to your BF. That's so awesome. Seriously. I hope he loves the job!! 

ETA: Also, I hope you feel better soon. I know exactly what you mean with feeling loopy. I've definitely been on an anxious/ sad/ okay roller coaster ride for the last month, and it's awful! On Sunday, FI got the "sunday blues", which is usually my territory. I'm the emotional one, I'm the one who over thinks. He's usually just... chill. I felt SO badly for him. And I felt awful that I "do that" to him all the time!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

It was 70 degrees yesterday and this morning the temp plummeted from 60 to 40 in less than an hour and we're expecting freezing rain and weather in the 20s by this afternoon. :(

I'm with @Swazzle regarding all the newbs. Some of you seem really cool but I am overwhelmed! Please forgive me if it takes me a little while to remember your usernames and get to know you a bit better.

I feel like we've been under constant cloud cover for a month now at least and I'm so depressed. I just want a week of nice weather and some freaking sunshine. Spring is coming here but even all the plants look depressed.

My kitchenaid is silver and doesn't have a name. I love it anyway!

I would like some oysters for lunch and/or dinner.

I really wish we had some up-coming vacation plans. I'm in desperate need of even a weekend getaway.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards