DIY Wedding Forum
Options

Suggestions for this centerpiece?

Hi all!

My FI and I don't want to spend a lot of money on centerpieces for our fall winery wedding. I managed to find these awesome lanterns for around $5 a piece and would like to place 3 of them at each table, almost exactly like this photo. There will be some tea light candles and fall foliage around them as well.

My question: Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to have a couple of the lanterns raised like in the photo to give it some depth. I tried to find some wood slabs or something similar, but they're SO expensive ($6-$8 for one 6" slab, so anywhere from $18-$24 per table). We do not have access to go chop/saw the wood ourselves. And we don't even necessarily need to use wood--I'm just looking for any suggestions that won't look too out of place.

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Suggestions for this centerpiece?

• Options
    You could get a couple 2x4s from Home Depot or Lowes. They will cut them for you. You could get them cut at different heights too for some variance. That would be pretty inexpensive, the stain them?

Or you coulld get styrofoam blocks from a craft store (like for flower arranging), and cover them with fabric? That might look nice.
  • Options
    arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    cgss11 said:

You could get a couple 2x4s from Home Depot or Lowes. They will cut them for you. You could get them cut at different heights too for some variance. That would be pretty inexpensive, the stain them?

Or you coulld get styrofoam blocks from a craft store (like for flower arranging), and cover them with fabric? That might look nice.

Oh, I really like this idea. Especially since I can pick out the fabric color :) Thank you for the suggestions!
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Stack up old books? 
  • Options
    It's a winery so can you find stacks of inexpensive coasters?  Maybe Dollar Tree?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards