Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Is this idea rude?

2»

Re: Is this idea rude?

• MagicInk said:

MagicInk said:

Locking the doors seems like a fire hazard and kind of extreme cause lets be real, you ain't Beyonce, the paparazzi aren't trying to crash your wedding.

Of course I am not important enough to warrant that sort of treatment.  Different venues do have different rules though.  The only other wedding that I have been to, my sister's, was given this sort of treatment.  Her venue is one of the most popular in the country and has strict rules.  No one was allowed in after start of ceremony and other people could not even walk up the path before they were stopped by security.  You do not have to be a celebrity to have a private ceremony so I'm not sure why you even made that comment.
    I had a private ceremony. But I didn't need to lock the doors to do it. People who weren't invited just...didn't...come. It was in an art gallery, but it was after hours. There was sign that said a private event was taking place but I don't think anyone tried to come in who wasn't invited.

Of course a few people showed up late and I didn't shit my pants over it either. So we're clearly very different people. I was just glad people I invited were able to make it. Even if they were tardy.

My point about celebrities is that, my darling dear, no one gives enough of a shit to try to crash your wedding so locked doors just seem unnecessary and unsafe.
    All of this.

I too had a private ceremony.  It was called people who were not invited didn't just drop by because hello crazies.  And there were a handful of people who were late.  They were free to make their way into the ceremony area but most chose to wait until it was over with because they didn't want to disturb us.  I was actually upset that they didn't just quietly walk in because I wanted everyone to witness our wedding, because that is why we invited them.
    This is how I would think and is in fact my entire point.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MagicInk said:

MagicInk said:

Locking the doors seems like a fire hazard and kind of extreme cause lets be real, you ain't Beyonce, the paparazzi aren't trying to crash your wedding.

Of course I am not important enough to warrant that sort of treatment.  Different venues do have different rules though.  The only other wedding that I have been to, my sister's, was given this sort of treatment.  Her venue is one of the most popular in the country and has strict rules.  No one was allowed in after start of ceremony and other people could not even walk up the path before they were stopped by security.  You do not have to be a celebrity to have a private ceremony so I'm not sure why you even made that comment.
    I had a private ceremony. But I didn't need to lock the doors to do it. People who weren't invited just...didn't...come. It was in an art gallery, but it was after hours. There was sign that said a private event was taking place but I don't think anyone tried to come in who wasn't invited.

Of course a few people showed up late and I didn't shit my pants over it either. So we're clearly very different people. I was just glad people I invited were able to make it. Even if they were tardy.

My point about celebrities is that, my darling dear, no one gives enough of a shit to try to crash your wedding so locked doors just seem unnecessary and unsafe.
    I never mentioned wedding crashers at all so I do not understand where you made that up from.  I literally said my GUESTS would be locked out.  You said that it was rude.  It is.  Do I care.  No.
    Clearly.

MagicInk said:

MagicInk said:

All of this.

I too had a private ceremony.  It was called people who were not invited didn't just drop by because hello crazies.  And there were a handful of people who were late.  They were free to make their way into the ceremony area but most chose to wait until it was over with because they didn't want to disturb us.  I was actually upset that they didn't just quietly walk in because I wanted everyone to witness our wedding, because that is why we invited them.
    This is how I would think and is in fact my entire point.  
    And if you had sense about this issue, like Maggie, you would prefer they come in even though late, also like Maggie.

And maybe some sheep.

• MagicInk said:

MagicInk said:

I never mentioned wedding crashers at all so I do not understand where you made that up from.  I literally said my GUESTS would be locked out.  You said that it was rude.  It is.  Do I care.  No.
    You really shouldn't try to claim you're following etiquette when you admit you're being rude. Rude and etiquette do not mix.
  • edited March 2015
    Thanks for an interesting afternoon for a slow and boring day at the office.  I'm not locking my guests out.  You guys are too funny to actually BELIEVE someone would actually do that. (Edited to remove TOS violation) You girls really are passionate about weddings even YEARS after yours happened.  Thanks for the laugh it is way to easy to get you girls worked up

OP if you are still listening do not lock your guests out but I do highly suggest you start your ceremony the time it says on the invitation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hope you're better at your job than you are at trolling.

Anniversary

• esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015

Thanks for an interesting afternoon for a slow and boring day at the office.  I'm not locking my guests out.  You guys are too funny to actually BELIEVE someone would actually do that.  (Edited to remove TOS violation).  You girls really are passionate about weddings even YEARS after yours happened.  Thanks for the laugh it is way to easy to get you girls worked up

OP if you are still listening do not lock your guests out but I do highly suggest you start your ceremony the time it says on the invitation.
    Really? Do you actually have nothing better to do with your life? 
  • MagicInk said:

MagicInk said:

Then you're sure as fuck NOT following etiquette to a T, as you claimed upthread.

• ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Thanks for an interesting afternoon for a slow and boring day at the office.  I'm not locking my guests out.  You guys are too funny to actually BELIEVE someone would actually do that. (Edited to remove TOS violation) You girls really are passionate about weddings even YEARS after yours happened.  Thanks for the laugh it is way to easy to get you girls worked up

Okay then, hitting the report button.  Buh-bye, sweetcheeks.

• Did she get banned?  Why can't I see any of her posts, only what others have quoted?  This has happened with a few posters (who I didn't ignore).  Does that happen to anyone else?

Oh, and locking your doors sounds like a terrible fire hazard and is also super messed up.  And the ceremony should start at the stated invite time. 

• I can see her posts. Let me know if this is still an issue.
  • I can see her posts. Let me know if this is still an issue.

I can see them now.  How weird. 

• ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Thanks for an interesting afternoon for a slow and boring day at the office.  I'm not locking my guests out.  You guys are too funny to actually BELIEVE someone would actually do that.  (Edited to remove TOS violation)  You girls really are passionate about weddings even YEARS after yours happened.  Thanks for the laugh it is way to easy to get you girls worked up

Well if this is true then you're even dumber than we suspected, because trolling is against TOS.
    Totally pictured you as this guy when I read this.
  • Bananasplit - that is the most extreme (and unsafe) solution I could imagine.  What if your aunt and uncle are running 5 minutes late?  Are you really going to lock out family just out of principle?  What if there is actually a fire?  You'll have to wait for the chapel to unlock the doors?  What if there's a medical emergency?  What if a child starts screaming?  You'll have to wait for the chapel to unlock the doors for a parent to take the kid outside to calm him/her down.  And then they won't be able to get back in because the doors will be locked again?  Come on, give me a break.
  • Ugh - that's what I get for responding before reading the entire 2nd page of comments.  Stupid trolling.
  • OP, time on invite=time you start. 

And speaking of wedding crashers... my wedding is outside, lots of deer, I seriously hope a deer crashes my wedding, that would make some bad ass pics. 
  • Edited posts/quotes to remove violation since it has been dealt with.
  • I don't understand, @artbyallie.  Why would you edit our posts to delete the part where we quoted her admitting that she was trolling?

• @Viczaesar, because when the mods delete a TOS violation, we do the quotes as well. Mostly I don't want the quoting posts to get reported (which would obviously not be a valid report anyway) because the original was continuing to get reports so I edited them all. I'm sorry if you feel that was out of line. I just felt editing out the violation should be handled consistently whether it's trolling or a racist remark or name-calling, etc. I don't see what leaving the quotes alone would have affected, given that the responses remain.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards