May 2015 Weddings
Options

2 more months...

Hey fellow may brides! Can you all believe how fast time is going?!? How are you all handling the stress? For me the most stressful part was the invitations. I got them sent out this past weekend and it feels like a huge weight off my shoulders. Now time to get into planning the details! We're all so close to being mrs!!!

Re: 2 more months...

• Options
    @yogabride19 - I am SO excited and nervous!! We are sending out invites our in a couple of weeks--so I am nervous about that! Hopefully there will be no RSVP issues...

I am going to my first dress fitting this week with my mom--so I am super pumped for that! And my maid of honor is coming up from SC, she planned my bach party for this Friday, which makes me think my shower will also be this weekend since she will be up here for a while.  I can't believe how quickly it's all moving! It makes me realize just how quickly the actual day is going to be!
  • Options

I can't believe how close May is! I was at exactly 2 months yesterday, it's crazy.

I'm not really feeling stressed, I just feel like I need to focus. We got our invitations put together over the weekend and they're going in the mail today. I think we just have mostly details to figure out now, although there are plenty of those!

My priority things to deal with: finalizing readings and ceremony plan, favours, cake topper, guest book, and organizing additional décor. I also need to make a couple decisions abuot my accessories for the day, I've been procrastinating. What's on your lists?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    SO CLOSE!!! I haven't been overly stressed - it's more like what @lmcooper86 said, I just need to focus.

I started playing with my idea for seating charts, and I really like how they're turning out, so that was exciting. I have another hair trial scheduled, since I changed my mind on what I want to do. My shower is March 21, so I'll be heading down to CT the day before and doing some things with the florist and the seamstress. I'm so excited!!

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    ditto the need to focus part! I've mostly been having a lot of fun planning everything, but now it's crunch time! 

My FMIL is hosting a shower for me this weekend, and I'm slowly working on my invitations, but they don't need to go out until the end of March. Hair and Makeup trial next weekend! It's allll coming together.
  • Options
    51 days to go for me! (May 2 wedding) 

I've already started getting reply cards back from people so every time I get the mail now it's really exciting! 

We're working on ceremony details now, I just saw the invite for the shower FSIL is throwing for me and it's adorable (and she put paper hearts in the envelope which I thought was also super cute!), and this weekend is my first dress fitting. 

I just hope stuff keeps falling into place. There's still a lot to do, but so far it has gone fairly well. 
  • Options
    Shut all of your beautiful faces.

<--- wallowing in denial.

But damn RSVP cards are amazing. I did get one decline card and I was sad. Not gonna lie.

I did finally talk FI into a shuttle from the hotel to the venue and back. So that was super helpful. Now nobody has to drive anywhere. I know, chances are, it's not going to be used a ton, but I'll feel better about it and people drinking. 

The only thing I'm getting slightly antsy over is the bridesmaid dresses. My girls ordered their dresses in Nov. Only 2 (1/2) are in. The other two are in total limbo somewhere between the west coast and Texas. And then where I live. The bridal salon I bought them from assures me they will be here by the end of the month and there will be plenty of time for alterations. I just have one VERY HIGH strung bridesmaid that is getting married the month after me "I want to get this done because I have stuff to do for my wedding." so I'd like to get them ASAP. But I also understand that people need to get paid what they're worth and the strikes on the docks on the west coast was worth it. At least I'm getting all my shipping costs refunded and they're rush shipping the dresses when they finally make it. So that's a perk. I'm not really freaking out... yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards