Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Hanging decorations in venue - Need Advice please!

We are renting a small beach house that will be the ceremony and reception venue.  We are going very low key on the decorations.  I have made a chandelier that I am attaching to an existing light fixture.   We are also doing all these tissue paper poms that we need to hang throughout the space.

The ceiling is just too high in most spots to reach (It will be my mom, my aunt and myself doing all the decorating).  So I have proposed the following to mixed reviews from my family:  We could use those 3M command hooks in parallel spots at several points along the walls.  Then I wanted to running fishing line (nearly invisible) between said hooks.  The using the fishing line we could hang at varying heights throughout the room, giving the appearance that the poms would be floating.

Has anyone used the 3M hooks?  Are they strong & dependable?  I don't want my decorations falling on anyone's head mid-reception.  Lol.    I also can't do anything to leave marks on the walls, does anyone know if they really come off cleanly?  If the 3M hooks are a bad idea, then what has anyone else used in a similar situation?

My mom is kinda the type that poopoos everything, so I need some good , expert feedback:)

Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards