Offbeat Weddings
Options

Lothlorien wedding theme

Silverelf2015Silverelf2015 member
5 Love Its First Comment
edited March 2015 in Offbeat Weddings
Hello, Knotties! 

This is my first post here and I am very excited! I just got engaged on Valentines day to the love of my life. We're both Lord of the Rings fanatics (in fact, our shared fandom brought us together!) and we've always dreamed of having an "Elven"-themed wedding. I'm very inspired by the natural blue and green color scheme and peaceful mood of Lothlorien. I want my guests to feel as if they've walked through a portal into another reality where lanterns hang from trees and quiet music plays amidst the light sound of water. I want them to enter my reception venue and feel peace, but also a relaxing, festive mood. 

It's a small wedding (less than 35 people) without a huge budget, but we've decided to do a lot of things ourselves including invitations, favors, and decor. I'm having an 'elf' dress made, buying a blue and silver circlet, and using all blue, white and green hydrangeas with ivy and eucalyptus for flowers. The venue is a small historic setting in the woods in a small, quiet town. We're having a sunset ceremony outdoors in a clearing in the woods, and then my idea is to create the atmosphere described above for indoors afterwards. My ideas are to use LED candles (due to local fire laws I can't use real ones), potted trees, blue and white Christmas lights, and hanging sheer blue and green fabric, ivy branches, and paper lanterns from the ceiling. The lights can be dimmed. We're making a playlist of soft background music (LOTR soundtracks, Enya, Celtic instrumentals, etc) to set the mood. I'm placing little trees with lights on the table and submersible LED lights in glass holders as centerpieces. This is the effect I am going for: 

If anyone has more ideas, please feel free to share! 

Thank you in advance!!!! xoxoxox  

Re: Lothlorien wedding theme

• Options
    tales2tellutales2tellu member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Saw these LED lights called Fairy Berries and thought of you.  They come in all colors; seems like they might work pretty well for the look you want!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hDTueBu67Y

when someone starts ranting

• Options
    Thank you!!!!! :)  

These look perfect!
  • Options
    Your vision sounds really pretty!!! I posted in another discussion on this board yesterday with pictures of my cape and my circlet for my wedding. I'm walking down the aisle to Enya's Only Time and our recessional is going to be Concerning Hobbits from the fellowship movie.

I also got fairy berries. I'm thinking about putting them in my bouquet and then around the tables. I'm also making my own flowers out of paper using a copy of LOTR that I bought just for that. It feels kind of terrible to be destroying a book I love but I think I'll love my bouquet even more for it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards