Wedding Invitations & Paper

Bridal Shower Thank You Cards

Hello everyone! My bridal shower was this past Sunday, and I have to say that it was wonderful. I was very, VERY nervous about it all - being the center of attention, having everyone watching me open gifts - I was sweating and my heart was jack-hammering away, but I think I did a pretty good job of being gracious and acting calm on the outside. Everyone seemed to have a good time, the games were fun, and my mother did a great job acting as the "silent hostess" - she provided us with her beautiful home, delicious food, and contributed for it all financially in order to give my MOH a much-needed helping hand.

So, that note aside, I had a question about thank you cards. I'm wanting to get started on them now. Most of the gifts I received were from multiple people - for example, my FI's aunt and cousin both went in on a present, so technically it was from them both. I should send them both separate thank you cards, if they live in separate households, correct? But if they live in the same house, I should just address the envelope and thank you card to them both?

Re: Bridal Shower Thank You Cards

• Yes, you're correct. You'd send them separate TY notes. Adults who go in on gifts get their own TY note, regardless if where they live.

So let's say your cousin is 25 but lives at home with your aunt... You'd still send her a separate note because she's an adult. If she's a minor, you can include her on your aunt's TY note.
    *********************************************************************************

• Yes, send separate cards for the joint gifts. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards