Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Post wedding depression?

Hi, This might sound odd, but I wanted to know if any of you experienced post wedding depression & if you could share with me your experiences.  Thank you!

Re: Post wedding depression?

• Options
    Yes, it's a letdown.  Just like Christmas.  Not like Christmas when you were a kid in which you couldn't wait, then it was suddenly here, and now you have all these great new toys to play with.  It's more the adult version where you plan and buy and wrap (or make) and hide until it's here!  Then you deal with the aftermath of ripped paper, straggly bows, and more boxes than you can stuff in your recycle bin.

I think we get so focused on the build up/anticipation of the event and once it's over there's (usually) not another big event to plan for.  After my first wedding I felt that "what do I do now?" feeling.  I don't think I'll have that for my second.  I'm always making things and planning ahead and I'll have my granddaughter's 1st birthday to look forward to along with Christmas.
  • Options
    I'm a little worried about this myself. I've been planning for 15 months with 3 months left to go. I plan on having big anniversary celebrations to counter-act the possibility. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't say that I am "depressed" really, but I have been a bit.. down over the past month since the wedding. I think I just spent so long planning and stressing and having the wedding take up EVERY aspect of my life that I feel kinda empty without it. It's slowly going away, getting back into the swing of things. I've just had to work harder at trying to find things to focus on!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think this might happen to me. We'll see.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards