Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Rent chairs and tent from different vendors?

I have placed a deposit on a tent for my June wedding, however, another company got back to me that has chairs that I prefer over the first company's. Is there any reason why I should rent the chairs from a different company than the one providing the tent and tables?

Re: Rent chairs and tent from different vendors?

• Options
    The only reason to rent from the same company is if they have something in their contract that states that all rentals need to be through them.  But I doubt that, so if you like the price better from the other company, then use them.

• Options
    Make sure you ask about the other company's delivery and set up fee. Is it really cheaper?

Going through a single vendor, you may be able to negotiate a deal with delivery/set up that makes things even out. I would contact your tent vendor and let them know you'd like to get your chairs through them in order to have fewer vendors to deal with, however you found this other deal with a competitor. Ask if they would be willing to price match the competitor, or waive the chair delivery/set up fee? 

If they say yes, then great! You have a single vendor. If not, then go with the other vendor.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

Make sure you ask about the other company's delivery and set up fee. Is it really cheaper?

Going through a single vendor, you may be able to negotiate a deal with delivery/set up that makes things even out. I would contact your tent vendor and let them know you'd like to get your chairs through them in order to have fewer vendors to deal with, however you found this other deal with a competitor. Ask if they would be willing to price match the competitor, or waive the chair delivery/set up fee? 

If they say yes, then great! You have a single vendor. If not, then go with the other vendor.
    this.

We rented everything from the same place.   The fewer rental vendors the better IMO.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Every individual vendor is another thing you have to keep track of--when will they deliver and pick-up, when do you pay them, what do you tip them, etc. Calling and confirming everything. Calling them if there's an issue, or them calling you if there's an issue.

The fewer vendors, the less of this you have to deal with. Are the chairs from the second vendor really THAT much better/cheaper that it's worth all of the extra hassel? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards