Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Bridesmaids dilemma

2»

Re: Bridesmaids dilemma

• No one was bashing you. You don't want this girl in your wedding. We're telling you not to have in her your wedding. 

Put your big girl panties on. Don't ask her. Jesus. It's not that hard. 
    Looks to me like I am the one with my "big girl panties on"  I have asked politely if this can be dropped and I apologized to anyone who has an issue with this post.  You are the one who seems to be oh so interested in my personal life and won't leave it alone.  
    You posted about your personal life. I offered my opinion. And then you started whining that people were bashing you. Trust me, I'm really not that interested in this nonsensical drama you've got going on with  a girl you don't like. Seriously. 
  • The only personal attacks in this thread were in the OP. Yeah, you personally attacked your friend and we told you it was shitty. If the criticism of internet strangers bothers you this much, imagine how your friend that one chick would feel if she read this.

Anniversary

• I have had a clingy friend before. I was much younger. The friendship started in elementary school and went on until high school. She was clingy, and I got annoyed because I felt like she was trying to take on parts of my identity. I found an author I liked, and she would go out and buy several books. I would meet a new friend and she would try to get super close to the new friend. I wanted to play violin, and she switched from flute to violin.

I think what really bothered me was that she didn't just copy my interests. She tried to copy and then outdo me with everything. I tried many times to tell her it bothered me, and when it didn't work, I just had to stop talking to her. I phased her out slowly. I didn't just blow her off all at once. 

I don't know if I handled it in the best way. I was a dumb high school kid who probably could have done things better. I know I definitely said some impolite things from time to time when she frustrated me. Still, I'm glad I cut off the friendship and didn't keep it up out of pity. No one wants sympathy friends. I think she's doing well and is happy, and I'm very glad for her. We just weren't compatible as friends once we stopped being children. 
  • I can't imagine EVER pretending to be friends with someone that I didn't like. That seems like way too much work, and in the end, way more hurtful than just telling her that you don't fucking like her.
  • I really do not need any more advice.  I'm sorry I've upset and offended so many people, but I am really starting to feel horrible and I've heard enough.  I am not stupid, I know the original post is still here, but I just hope some of you can understand I have had enough of the personal attacks.   Again, sorry so many people are upset.

Again, no one posted any personal attacks directed towards you.

No one is upset nor offended by your OP.

Everyone supported your decision to NOT have this"friend" as a BM.

Everyone gave their personal opinions on why you don't need to have her as your BM. 

No one is overly invested in your "personal life" (that you shared with us by posting).

The only one upset here, is you. 

• drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Oh for fucks sake, what personal attacks?  I read this entire thread and the only attacking I saw was you, OP, attacking your "friend" (and I use that term loosely because WHY are you friends with someone you clearly do not like).

Here, so you can feel validated

Now you can say you've been attacked. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards