Florida-South Florida

Theme importance?

I'm wondering if having a theme for the wedding is important? Our primary color is canary yellow and the wedding is on Oct. 24th. We went to look at centerpiece decor and it looked like everything was theme based, like paris or sea shells, even mushrooms. We're a little worried if we get random yellow stuff It'll look like a kid party then a wedding.

Re: Theme importance?

• abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment

You could also use a subtle touch of yellow as an accent, but have your main colors be black and white (as an example).  In my humble opinion, themes are good (if done right), but not necessary.

Good luck! 

• elkayelkay member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Themes are most useful for helping you narrow down and focus your decor vision just as an interior decorator would do. You probably wouldn't want lacy Victorian draperies with modern geometric metallic sculptures - having a theme helps you weed out style discrepancies. Quite honestly, most guests rarely notice what the "theme" is. They do notice if style is coordinated and colors are attractive. Is there a style or "look" to your venue that could influence your choice of decor items?

Does yellow (one of my favorites) mean to you Victorian Lazy Day At the Beach, or Sunny Florida Morning, or Molten Gold, or Tropical Fruit Abundance, or something else? It needn't mean anything other than your favorite color. You can just have a classic wedding decorated in your yellow. Rent "Four Weddings and a Funeral" - fast forward to the Hugh Grant wedding scene near the end - study the spectacular flower arrangements. They were a glorious display of yellow that I wish I could have afforded!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards