Wedding Woes

Humpity Hump Day

I had to check my calendar to make sure that it was, in fact, Wednesday.  Is that bad?

I got to call an ambulance at work yesterday.  Someone out in the plant had a seizure or a stroke or something--they weren't sure--and I happened to be in the graphic designer's office when they called her to tell her to call an ambulance.  We don't even know why they didn't just call, but it may have something to do with her office being right up front, near the lobby.  She called and went out front to wait, and after 10 minutes no one had shown up, so I called back and they said they had no record of her call.  Not terribly reassuring.  The guy was sitting up and talking when they wheeled him out, so we're hoping he's okay.  But WTF, 911?

DH and I are both having midlife career angst at the same time.  Time to cash in our retirement and go live on an island for a couple of years? 

Re: Humpity Hump Day

• Oh boo to late ambulances.  Glad the guy was lucid when they took him out. 

Re: careers...They're planning on opening a 2nd manager spot at DH's plant and DH's boss floated the idea of going for it by him.  It could get pretty hairy (and he'd be reporting directly to the director), BUT it could be a huge resume builder and could postion DH for bigger and better things in a year or two. A lot to think about.  We do have some time before he'll have to decide.  He's also got some irons in a few other fires.  If he goes for it and gets it, I'm hiring a housekeeper. 

Work vent: They didn't improve our VPN enough before they deployed 50 people to work from home.  It's slow and I get kicked off it all the time.  So irritating. 

DefConn ninja'd into our bed last night.  I only knew he was there because he kept kicking my in my bruised thigh.  

The kiddo is on spring break for 2 weeks after this week.  I'm excited to sleep in a little bit, but I'm not looking forward to bored teenager.  I hope he can get together with friends/find stuff to do. 
  • Good luck to mr.conn, whatever you both decide.  Definitely get a housekeeper. 

Boo to underpowered VPNs.
  • Good luck Mr. Conn with career moves.

Tonight I'm getting my hairs did and getting us packed for FL. We leave tomorrow morning. My grandparents are excited to see us and we're excited to get PF to Disney.

I'm OBSESSED with the new Andy Kim album. He was a co-writer of the song "Sugar Sugar" in the 60s, amongst others. It's very mellow and pretty awesome. With my stress level as it's been lately I need mellow.

I'm down to bi-weekly OB appts and weekly non-stress tests. OMG - this kid is coming soon. And we still don't have names chosen
  • Oh, and before all the ambulance drama, graphic designer and I were talking about season passes for the local amusement park.  I knew that she and her H get them every year, and DD is going to need one this summer because she'll be taking some summer camp trips there.  And Designer was telling me about some other, small time amusement park near where she grew up where two people actually fell off rides, and her cousin almost did.  So guess what I dreamed about last night?  Woke up at 5:00 with my heart pounding, and "decided" that there was no way I was sending Wooz to ours this summer.  I finally fell asleep for a few more minutes and woke up in a more rational place, fortunately.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Dang to the ambulance crap.  I sort of understood why our system was to go through the guards, but the guards were minimum wage dummies who I wouldn't want to trust with my life.  At least the number went through 6 offices at once.

My house is a wreck.  Between the party Saturday and sick Monday things are just everywhere. DH is terrible about making the kids clean up and doesn't pick up after himself.  So today is laundry, cleaning, and grocery. 

• The kids are leaving this afternoon to spend the night with the ILs.  DH and I are looking forward to a nice evening alone.

That's about all I have.  Same ol', same ol'.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2015
    I just realized I keep calling DH's work a 'plant'.  It's really a warehouse.  His last place was a plant with a warehouse (which is what DH worked in/managed).  They're not making anything at his current place, just boxing up and shipping (actually, unboxing and then boxing and shipping).  /realization ramble

Also, the morning show I listen to (local) just announced that two of their peeps are leaving for their own show.  My morning show allegiance may be torn.  I don't like this. 
  • I just realized that my work never paid me last week. That combined with the fact that apparently my short-term disability has only decided to cover 3/16-4/21 instead of my entire leave from 2/16 to 5/4 is kind of making me panic. We need better maternity leave policy in this country because the last thing a sleep-deprived new mom who is already having significant breastmilk supply problems needs is the stress of not getting paid because her husband's income can't cover all of the bills. Sigh.

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @thejudeidea---word.  I don't even want to talk about maternity leave.  H's poor coworker had her baby early, and they're letting her take extra time, but it's all unpaid and she has to reimburse her health insurance 100%.  Now, I know that's totally FWP, but it really stinks.

Ugh.  I was hoping today was Friday.  There is some potential shitshow stuff developing at work.  And honestly I hope we get kicked off a job that is making our numbers look horrible. All because boss won't stand behind the underlings who think it's silly to keep working for a customer who DOESN'T HAVE MONEY.  NOPE.  NONE.  It's awful.  Yeah, let's keep working...and giving budget numbers when they don't have MONEY.  *smh*

H has a double today...all in booking---the day after St. Patrick's Day.  Not good, he wasn't looking forward to it.  At least I could send him to work with a container of smoked chicken and veggies.  That will hopefully give him something to enjoy today.

Things in the O-face house have been remarkably good the last few days.  I will take it.
  • Juche, that totally sucks.  I hope you can get it resolved ASAP, but I won't tell you not to panic.  I'd be freaking the eff out too. I'm also sorry to hear that BFing is challenging. 

((interwebz hugs)) 
  • juche, I hope you get some sleep.  Everything looks better when you've had some sleep.

Unsolicited:  I had supply problems early on both times, and supplemented with formula for a while before I had enough to BF exclusively.  I felt shitty the first time, resigned the second.  So far, neither of them have killed anyone, so it worked out okay. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

@juche- is it possible they are counting it as two incidents of leave?  One was for you and one for the baby?  Do you have an insurance liason?  Try to get to them asap and have them fight for you too. I'm sorry.

Another round of groceries under $40 and there was 12.5 lbs of chicken in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards