Wedding Woes

FRIDAY!!

What's up for the weekend? 

I've spent the last two afternoons shoving the kids out the door in the afternoon and not calling them back until I was taking dinner off the grill.  It's glorious.

Today I'm submitting our first ever pool membership.  Then I'll have to find a suit.  I've got Bunco tonight and that's where the fun ends. 

DH is working all weekend. Since 6let learned to ride without training wheels all he wants to do is ride.  I have a feeling we'll be doing that.  His bike is ridiculously small though so I need to figure out the best deal on a new one.

Re: FRIDAY!!

• DefConn wants a bike, but he's worried about it 'making his weiner hurt'.  I think he's sat on the kiddo's bike once or twice and it wasn't comfortable. I assured him a bike his size would be OK. 

The IL's are taking the kids for the weekend.  DH's facility is moving/shipping 260,000 units today, their biggest day ever.  He swears he's going to be at work until 10pm.  He also works tomorrow.  I am going to spend my kid-free time cleaning house for DefConn's party next weekend and also because I haven't had the time to really clean anything.  I'm barely keeping up with day to day upkeep. 

I'm supposed to work OT Sunday, but I think I may cancel it.  I'm just burned out and want to enjoy having alone time with DH.  Even if we sit just sit on the couch and go to bed early. 
  • Currently, it's supposed to be 54 and sunny next Saturday.  Crossing all the crossables that holds (or gets better) so we can be outside for the party.  
  • I have some dude coming for a meeting today, and I'm not feeling it, but I'm committed.  I would say "At least I'm getting lunch out of it" but I'd rather have that time to run to PetSmart and Target, frankly.  Guess that's why they call it work...

Tomorrow Wooz has her first soccer game at 9:00, then my mom is coming over (and bringing lunch!), and then swim.  We're skipping two birthday parties, and we never skip parties, but Saturday is just ridiculous.

We were going to go to the zoo Sunday, but now the forecast is calling for rain all day.  Blergh.  Maybe bouncy house place, maybe staying in, baking cookies, and playing with Legos.

My kids are on oddly parallel tracks.  DD has just hit the point where she is reading everything in sight, and DS has just gotten to where he names everything in sight.  I'm swimming in words at home.

DD:  "Soccer...sc...sc...schedule?"
    DS:  "Cat!"
    DD:  "March reading log."
    DS:  "Ball!"

In the span of 90 seconds last night, DD pulled out the silverware drawer (which ended up dinging up the hardwood, DH was not happy when he saw it), almost flooded the downstairs bathroom (clogged the sink up with chunky peanut butter while trying to wash it off her hands, then left the water running), and DS acquired yet another new word:  [grunt, grunt] "Poop!"  Such is my life...

Oh, SIL and her H are officially separated on FB.  Just as well, he sounds like a lot more trouble than he's worth, but I feel badly for the kids and her. 
  • OMG Heffa.  How much PB was on her hands?  Also, the kiddo was (and sometimes still is) like your DD.  The lack of attention paid to shit can be so infuriating. 

DefConn is in a singing phase. And the stinker is just like me and picks up a song the first time he hears it.  He gets SO MAD at DH because he's horrible with lyrics.  DH has taken to screwing with him and intentionally singing the wrong lyrics.  Pissed off DefConn is funny, until the screaming starts.  ;) 
  • OMG Heffa.  How much PB was on her hands?  Also, the kiddo was (and sometimes still is) like your DD.  The lack of attention paid to shit can be so infuriating. 

DefConn is in a singing phase. And the stinker is just like me and picks up a song the first time he hears it.  He gets SO MAD at DH because he's horrible with lyrics.  DH has taken to screwing with him and intentionally singing the wrong lyrics.  Pissed off DefConn is funny, until the screaming starts.  ;) 
    She was putting it on a styrofoam ball to roll in birdseed and make a bird feeder, so pretty much all over her hands.  I told her to hang on, we'd wash them in the kitchen sink and send the PB down the disposal, but then DS spilled his milk, and by the time I wiped it up, the bathroom sink was full of peanut butter.  ("But I couldn't reach the kitchen sink and I had to go to the bathroom!")

LOL at DefConn and his lyrics.  Just yesterday, DD corrected my version of some song from MLP Rainbow Rocks:  "How do I know all the words but you don't even though you're a grownup?"  I told her probably because she's seen Rainbow Rocks about 20 times, vs. 0 for me. 
  • Yay Friday!

I have all my travel first aid kit (aka - a backpack) items spread out on the couch.  I'm taking inventory and figuring out what I need to fully restock.  I really hate that I can't remember if I bought this sunscreen last year or the year before.  Surely it hasn't lasted two years without running out?  Why doesn't it have a date on it?

Ugh.  I'll end up tossing it and buying new.

I also have to restock the "DD1 ONLY" pouch.  She's allergic to medical adhesive so she gets special supplies.
  • It's been a very long week at work. No plans tonight except a slice of cheesecake and a glass or maybe two of wine. Tomorrow, I need to run some errands, and stop by and visit a friend that's been sick.

Oh. The fella and I are just friends. So, we'll probably still hang out every now and then but nothing serious. Moving on.......

• It's been a very long week at work. No plans tonight except a slice of cheesecake and a glass or maybe two of wine. Tomorrow, I need to run some errands, and stop by and visit a friend that's been sick.

Oh. The fella and I are just friends. So, we'll probably still hang out every now and then but nothing serious. Moving on.......

Boo.

My weekend is not planned out much.  I'm excited because DH has plans all day tomorrow, so I get the day off from dealing with him.  Did I say that out loud?  Oops.
    I may do some sewing or crafting of some sort.
    My allergies are really bad right now.
  • We somehow have no place we have to be to be doing something related to work/volunteering.  I keep shaking the calendar in amazement.

I think we're going to grill out on Sunday.  

Oh and I'm all sorts of pissed at my house insurance people.  I'm calling them this morning and telling them I'm filing a claim on the roof and if they want one of their people to look at it, they need to get their ass out NOW b/c I've already got someone working on it.  Their adjuster told me our roof was just fine, almost brand new.  We finally shrugged and just said, "We're going to have to replace the roof" and hired a reputable contractor in town.  He gets up there and says, "Hail damage...there...there....there....there...there...".I'm beyond irritated.
  • Tonight I have to shop for and prepare food for a bridal shower / brunch I'm helping give tomorrow morning.  The MOB is one of my BFF and the bride is as sweet as can be, but other people have put needless drama around the shower and its pissing me off.  I hope neither of them have heard about it at all.  I will never understand people asking if so and so is invited because they want to come, other people posting on FB asking somebody if they are coming.  Its not like we could invite every single person we know, lol.  And she is having more than one shower so she split the lists she gave us anyway.  Then the person that sent the invites kept forgetting so some just got sent last week and others the week before, just stupid stuff.  Whatever, it will be very nice and she will appreciate it so its worth it.

Same BFF had her house burn to the ground a few months ago and just got the plans approved through the insurance and rebuilding is about to start.  We went shopping tues night and I had fun helping her start picking stuff.  I would love to redo my house from top to bottom and no money, so I am going to have fun living it through her, lol.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    You guys have really gotten some crazy stuff Varuna, I'm annoyed for you at your adjuster.  :(  Silly...all to save a buck.  Ugh.

I'm dying at DefConn's weiner comment...ha. 

H went out after work last night---he met his coworker that might finally get to take her little guy home from the hospital.  I'm happy for her, she's had a rough go of it.  :-/

So his going out meant I woke up out of a dead sleep at 1:15 and stayed awake until 2 when he got home and then until 2:30 when he came to bed.  So I was a bit zombied this morning. 

No real plans for the weekend. I'd love to get in a good run...I think that is my goal.  I've revised my goals for April 100 miles from yesterday until April 30 and then pay off some monies.  Wooo!

Also, my IUD must've decided it hates me, because regular periods +smatterings of randomness is enough to make me reach up there myself and remove the dang thing. 
  • My daughter is going to mentally break me and probably maim herself in the process. So just another Friday.

I love daycare. I need my kids to back to daycare. I need a lot of drinks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards