Wedding Woes
Options

Morning

We told DefConn to go to the kiddo's bed vs. ours if he gets up in the middle of the night. I found him in the kiddo's bed this morning.  The only downside?  He's pissed every morning that he can't stay home on spring break like the kiddo. 

Two more days of work this week.  I'm ready for my long weekend, even though Thu and Fri is going to be exclusively party prep.

IN passed a really, really stupid 'religious freedom' bill...which is really about, "Oh noes, teh gays!' It's a clusterf*ck and really embarrassing. I need to get my license updated so I can go vote in the primaries in May.  Our state legislature is legislating the most insane, time-wasting BS this year and it makes me so angry.

Re: Morning

• Options
    I foresee an early bedtime for the kids tonight.  DS took a very short nap at DC yesterday, and DD had soccer practice.  So about 20 minutes before the end of practice, DS was just done.  And I was flailing:  "Here, how about a book?  Car?  Applesauce?  Look, an airplane!"  So of course he dozed off on the way home, and was all cranky and disoriented when it was time for dinner.  He was a crab apple until I put him to bed, and meanwhile DD couldn't or wouldn't fall asleep, she kept popping out of bed for random reasons.  ("I'm hungry, do we have any bananas?"  "Did you put my book fair money in my backpack?"  "Did I tell you that two of our eggs hatched today?")  She didn't fall asleep until after 9:00, so she was a beast come 6:00 this morning.  And DH's team at work is volunteering at a soup kitchen this morning, so I had to drop DS at DC, which threw off my schedule a bit. 

Tonight, I'm going to take them home, feed them, bathe them, and put them to bed.  And then I'm putting Bloodline on Netflix.  Is anyone watching this?  Three words:  Kyle.  Chandler.  YUM.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about starting Bloodline.  There's a super hot guy from Good Wife on it.  Kyle Chandler is also really easy on the eyes.
  • Options
    I'm on a conference call that started at 7am. yuck. i only have a few of these each month, but it;s still a pain in the ass. (with preK dropoff, I end up calling in from home and driving in to the office afterwards for other in-person meetings. I've been online since 630, so i will not feel bad at all leaving early today.)

...and there's 3 guys in my backyard... I'm hoping they're here to work on the pool, and they're not blocking my car in. my dog is flipping out, so hopefully I don't need to say anything on the call. 
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Morning!

H and I went out looking for new living room furniture last night.  We really want a sectional that way we can sit next to each other and both be comfortable.  Apparently they only make really small tasteful looking ones that are uncomfortable or HUGE OVERSTUFFED ones that don't fit that are awesome (but sometimes hard to look at).

So I "compromised" and decided I liked a larger one that while doesn't please my aesthetic 100% is a more tasteful version of what I think of as ugly.  But we're checking out the first one again just to make sure it's not in contention.

H and I were out doing that from 5:45 to 8:30 last night.  Sleeepy today.  And I have a hair appt tonight, need my roooots fixed.  Whoa.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015

I'm thinking about starting Bloodline.  There's a super hot guy from Good Wife on it.  Kyle Chandler is also really easy on the eyes.

It is definitely slow going in the beginning, it's the sort of thing you have to stick with to pay off.  Which is easier when you can binge.  (Although I'm not much of a binger; I tend to watch 20 minutes here, 30 there.)
  • Options
    if someone sends me an e-mail in response to my e-mail that i will call them this morning, and they call me "kathy" (which isn't even remotely close to my name), am i still obligated to call them?

I could see if I had a weird name or it had some bizarre spelling, but thats not even close enough to be a typo. 
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    Hmmm.  My bitchy side says no, Barbie.

Maybe send an email for clarification and ask that they read and re-send to the proper party?  Weird.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I had all these visions of getting stuff done on Tuesday mornings.  6let and M2 are both in school.  Every Tuesday morning Max just wants to snuggle.  How can I deny this?

I've got fasting bloodwork at 10.  I want coffee and a snack right now.

This better be the last snow.

• Options
    I really like Kyle Chandler, but the preview didn't interest me at all.  I thought I might give it a shot when summer hits since most new TV will be off.

also, has anyone watched American Crime?  It seems like it will be good, but it is starting so.  slow.

• Options
    0Face0Face member
    *opens floor for bail money*
  • Options
    @varunatt, I have been watching American Crime.  It is very slow, but I have to know how it resolves itself.  Felicity Huffman is amazing on that show. 
  • Options
    DH had to stop watching it b/c he loathes her character so much, he's afraid it going to change how he feels about Felicity Huffman.  :D  I told him that it just means she's doing an amazing job.  I agree with wanting to know how the heck it resolves; I just want it to move faster!

I love the storyline of the junkies more than anything.  Those 2 actors seem to be newbies, but they are doing an amazing job.
  • Options
    I'm on day 2 of my 5:30 am workouts and it's painful. I never knew an extra hour of sleep helps with your personality for the rest of the day.

I want happy Nola back.:)
  • Options
    Speaking of TV, I finished The Jinx yesterday. 

Robert Durst is insane and totally guilty. I did find it crazy that he was standing in front of his family's headquarters and the security guard was clueless that it was him.  But I don't blame his family for a second for basically cutting him out.
  • Options
    Here are my new shows in the rotation.

The Returned
    American Crime
    Fresh Off the Boat

Shows I'm glad have returned:

The Following
    Married at First Sight
    Bates Motel(even though it's weird)

• Options
    NOLA, I finally had to drop The Following.  It just got too gruesome for me and I was pretty sure it was going to render me terrified to go outside my house.  I can't remember what did it, but there was some scene where I just thought, I'm out!
  • Options
    It is gruesome, but for a scary person I seem to like gore. Everybody on this show is crazy and not your run of the mill crazy, but CRAZY.
  • Options
    Morning. So my performance review was yesterday and despite thinking I was failing, I am actually doing pretty good. Got a nice raise and a bonus. I've started my purse hunt and am currently developing a spreadsheet to determine my contenders, as well as carve out some time to try them on in person. First world problems!

MrsConn, some days I toy with flying places and murdering people I work with. But then I realize, I'd just have to put pants on. Not worth it.

DD has an appointment today to have her ears looked at. Based on her recent demeanor, I'm guessing she doesn't have an ear infection.

• Options
    Heffalump said:

It is definitely slow going in the beginning, it's the sort of thing you have to stick with to pay off.  Which is easier when you can binge.  (Although I'm not much of a binger; I tend to watch 20 minutes here, 30 there.)
    Watched the first episode and was kind of bored...Until the end.  I will keep watching now.

• Options
    Oh speaking of Netflix shows, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is awesome. I highly recommend it.
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    Ohhh, I was wondering about that one PMeg. 

I've been really into 30 on 30 for ESPN because I love that stuff.  Oh and Whitey Bulgar.  That was fun.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    DH is getting a raise!  And his boss told him to take 1 day for every weekend day he had to come in even if it was only a half day. 
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    PMeg819 said:

Oh speaking of Netflix shows, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is awesome. I highly recommend it.

Yes, but dammit, PMeg, all it takes is the mention of that show, and I get the theme song stuck in my head for hours.  So thanks for that.  :P

::hums "Unbreakable!" ::

ETA:  Guess who just scored a Lego Frozen set from Target--on sale, no less!  Sold out everywhere, or available on Amazon for scalpers' prices.

::hums "We Are the Champions" ::
  • Options
    I know....I'm sorry.

• Options
    Heffalump said:

ETA:  Guess who just scored a Lego Frozen set from Target--on sale, no less!  Sold out everywhere, or available on Amazon for scalpers' prices.

::hums "We Are the Champions" ::

Spoke too soon.  Got a conf. email from Target, then a second one saying it wasn't available at the store I picked (which it was when I placed the store pickup order, otherwise, no store pickup order).  They told me to change my delivery method.  When I tried, I clicked the link and it dumped me into a generic "your cart is empty."  Now I am on hold with them, and the guy on the other end is clearly at a loss. 

What happened to Target?  They used to be wonderful, now they're laying people off and shutting down in Canada and they don't even know whether something is in stock or not when they say it is.
  • Options
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is going to become the best new source of gifs for the next gif-off.
  • Options
    The kiddo hasn't gotten dressed in 2 days.  He's been hanging out in his undies and sleeping until noon. 

He lives a better life than me and I work from home.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards