Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

How much wine for shower?

I'm in charge of getting the champagne for mimosas, red and white wine for FSIL's bridal shower. It will be around 40 women from 1-4 on a Saturday. I've seen the calculations for for weddings but since this is mid day I'm a little stumped. Unfortunately I don't really "know the crowd". Any ideas?

Re: How much wine for shower?

• Options
    I would plan on each guest shaving one drink every 30 minute to an hour. Then get some extras just to be safe.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I assume the bar will be self service? If so, you can probably count on about 4 glasses per bottle at 6oz per glass (technically it's 5 servings at 5oz per glass, but people usually over-serve themselves). I'd buy from a place where you can return unopened bottles and then over-buy to be on the safe side.

I would buy: 

8 bottles of champagne
    6 - 64 oz bottles of OJ, I assume you may be in charge of this too?
    10 bottles of red
    10 bottles of white

Many will probably be driving so they probably (hopefully) won't be having more than a glass or two during the couple of hours that the shower is happening. Still better to over buy and have leftovers.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Agree w/ southernbelle, I'd find a place that will let you return unopened bottles and over buy.  
  • Options
    lnixon8lnixon8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    Thank you ladies! My dad owns a liquor store so returning is not an issue. It's this Saturday and when I asked him how much I should buy he was completely clueless lol.

Edited because teenagers the week before spring break make my brain hurt

• Options
    I'd do maybe 1 glass per hour with about 4 glasses per bottle. That is usually what I get for any parties I host that have mimosas. Since it's afternoon, people typically don't drink as much.

I'd also never consider returning unopened bottles of champagne because more for me :):)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards