Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

No Shows are Normal?

2»

Re: No Shows are Normal?

• We didn't have any no shows but we did have a destination wedding too, so no one RSVPd until they already had their flights and hotels booked. We did however only get half of the total RSVP cards back--I never really knew how important it was to RSVP to weddings until half of my invitees didn't RSVP to mine! It blows me away that you can give them an addressed, stamped envelope and all they have to do is mark "No", then put in the mail. How hard is that?!
  • We had 160 guests and 5 no shows.

Two of them, a married couple, told one other guest that the husband was having back troubles, and told another guest that he had a bad cold. We don't know what to make of it, but they gave us a generous gift, so oh well.

Another two - DH's college friend and his girlfriend. They didn't show and gave us no warning or explanation. Three weeks later we still haven't heard a thing. DH is quite hurt.

And the last is a groomsman's wife. They RSVP'd for her but they never booked her flight. The day before, groomsman called to say he was coming solo. He didn't see a problem with it. In the same breath, he asked us to pick us up from the airport and take him around to run errands. An hour before our rehearsal.

In the end, it doesn't matter. It's sad, and it may involuntarily affect our relationship with them, but it really doesn't matter.
  • we had 8 no shows...out of 85 or so people...oh well

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards