Connecticut

Brag about your hair/mu artist

I frequently see brides on this board who are looking for hair/mu artist recs. Would those of you are married or who have had your trial hair and makeup help out the brides who are still planning?

1. Who did your hair m/u?

2. Where are they located/what areas do they cover?

3.  Did they travel to you or did you go to a salon?

Re: Brag about your hair/mu artist

• 1. My bridal party and I used Luscious Lips & Lashes. They used to be purely travelling hair and makeup artists but have now opened up a full-service salon in Shelton.

2. They are located in Fairfield County but would likely travel wherever they were needed in CT, most likely in Litchfield and New Haven counties. 

3. They travel to you and there is no fee if you're located within 25 miles of them. 

Here are a few shots of me on my big day so you can see their work! As our wedding was in August and I have naturally curly hair, I asked for a more natural/relaxed look - did not want any updos or anything too structured. I couldn't have been happier with their work, and my bridal party agreed! 

imageimage
  • I love your hair! You're a beautiful bride. Thank you for the info.

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2015
    I have not had my wedding yet (less than two months to go!) but...

1. Who did your hair m/u? I am using Dana Bartone and Company. From there, Rena will be doing my and my bridesmaids'/ mom's makeup and Abby will be doing our hair. 

2. Where are they located/what areas do they cover? The salon is located in Chesire, CT, but they will be travelling to my home in northern Fairfield County where I will be getting ready. I think they will go all over the state. 

3.  Did they travel to you or did you go to a salon?

Yes. See above. There is a $100 travel fee for the distance they are travelling to me, but even with that, their prices were better than salons in my hometown. In order to travel though, they require that you book at least 3 services. So, if you want them to travel to you for both hair and makeup, you need to book three people for hair AND three people for makeup (the three people includes the bride) . You can not do three people for hair, and one or two people for makeup. 

I have had a hair and makeup trial, (plus a haircut and facial at the salon) and I liked them all quite a bit. They were attentive, knowledgeable, and fun. They were very responsive when they could tell I wanted something changed. THey WANTED to know what I liked and didn't, and worked until I had a big smile on my face (they moved a piece of hair here, teased there.... or added more mascara and softened lip color, etc. ) They give you a contract at the end of the trial, which surprised me and made me a TOUCH uncomfortable, but I already knew that I wanted to book them because I liked them better than the other salon I did a trial with. I've attached the sad little selfie I took of my trial. :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards