Attire & Accessories Forum

Calling busty ladies....Bra or no bra?

My dress has a corset and I'm wondering if I need to wear a bra with it. I'm very busty, 36E and I just don't know if my dress alone can hold things in tight. I mean I guess I can try it out, when I go for my 1st fitting, but wanted to see what you busty ladies have worn.

Also do you wear any thing else, besides your panties?

Re: Calling busty ladies....Bra or no bra?

• If it fits properly and it's got decent structure, it's probably going to be fine without a bra.

I'm not wearing one with my dress as it's got some boning in the bodice and it really don't seem like anything is going to be able to go anywhere - plus I found the bra was giving me too much push up and I was feeling kind of...Kardashian? so I'm ditching it.

I'm a 28FF(H in American) and mine are fairly, uh, perky, but yeah, for me my dress looks worse with a bra than without.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a 36DD in a corset dress - I just had bra cups sewn in.  

• @mobride2015 thats a great idea, I'm a 42 DDD and my dress has a lower back with a corset so i am having some of the same concerns as OP. 
  • It really will depend on your shape, the dress you got, and how "perky" your boobs are, to be honest.  I am a 38H, and sewing cups in was not an option for me, and going braless looked ridiculous, even though my dress had great structure. I needed the longline bra to give me some "lift", otherwise, my boobs looked like they we just resting in the cups like jello.  

My suggestion is, get a good strapless bra, or longline bra anyway, and try it out both ways when you go to your first fitting. You really won't know what is better until you try it on both ways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards