Chit Chat

AW: Weight Loss Brag

Ladies, 4 short weeks ago, I was on this chat board venting about how I was worried that I was going to hate how I looked in my wedding dress because I was just not losing weight. You all gave me such love and support, it made me keep my head up and keep looking forward!

Today, I hit a number on the scale that I was amazed to see. I am 1.5 lbs short of my Mexico vacation weight goal with 3 WEEKS TO GO!!!! I am wearing pants that I haven't been able to wear since I met my FI. I am feeling so good about myself. My goal of 1-1.5 lbs a week is being realized and though it's been incredibly slow process, the weight is coming off!!!

I have no way of knowing exactly how much weight I am down because refused to weigh myself at my heaviest, but I would estimate 15 lbs. 7 more lbs to go to hit the normal BMI range and 17 more to hit my ideal weight for the wedding!

I hate talking about my weight IRL, so thanks for listening to my brag!

Re: AW: Weight Loss Brag

• Congrats! That's great to hear!

Formerly martha1818

• Congratulations! That's fantastic. I'm working on losing about 7 lbs myself. How did you do it?
  •  I had been working out like crazy the past 6 months- Crossfit, running, piilates- exercising 4-5 times a week. When I FINALLY started tracking my daily calories and started being honest about it is when the success started. My FI and I are really good about eating lean protein and veggies for dinner, but I was eating a lot of carbs at lunch- sandwiches everyday etc etc.

In late January, I started going to the salad bar at work and filled up a small plate with 1/3 some sort of lean protein (tuna salad, hard boiled egg, cottage cheese and then 2/3 veggies and I grabbed a small non-cream based soup, I use my calorie tracker and at the end of the day some days, I end up having to add nuts, seeds, or other lean proteins to make sure that I hit my minimum calorie goal. Going under the goal can cause your body not to want to released the weight.

I allow myself cheat days all the time- we had pizza 2 times in the last week. I allow myself wine, but cut out the high carb beers. I cut desserts and chocolate almost completely,  

It seems like balancing REALLY good eating days with just okay eating days works well in keeping me satisfied, but starting to see results and I finally feel like I can get to where I need to be!
  • Congrats!! that is a huge accomplishment! I know exactly how you feel. I was the same way only I wasn't overweight. I do have thyroid problems which make it hard for me to loose weight and feel happy in my body. on Feb 1 I decided to take action and started cutting calories and regulating portions and I feel great. Keep going till you reach your goal and most importantly feel amazing in your own skin and beautiful because no matter what you are beautiful. 

• Congratulations! That is amazing! I'm trying to get back into exercising right now, so this is really inspirational!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Woo hoo!!  That's awesome!!  

• mrsdee15 said:

Congratulations! That is amazing! I'm trying to get back into exercising right now, so this is really inspirational!

I just got out of my first workout after getting FI to join gym today. I joined in Jan & had only been twice! Work travel, actual flu, I was exhausted, there was alway an excuse. Today I lifted and did a light TM run and I actually can't wait to go spinning w/a couple of Knotties tomorrow. Once you get past that initial inertia, you'll get right back in the groove! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards