Chit Chat

Why does this always happen on Mondays?

First thing this morning, one of my most popular tutors came in to give me his two week's notice. Fabulous. So he'll be leaving right before finals. Excellent. I'm pretty annoyed. This semester, folks have been dropping like flies and I don't know why. I think it's just bad luck, because they all seem to have pretty unique reasons. I really wanted to explain to him how this could negatively affect my willingness to give him a reference, but then I realized that was BS since he is giving two week's notice (though I would have preferred he just stuck it out through the end of the semester), and he's leaving because he got a better position, so he doesn't need a reference from me anyway.

This also annoys me because I was contemplating firing another tutor who really hasn't been up to par, but now if I do that I'm basically wiping the schedule clean.

Luckily in about 45 minutes I'll have a new hire come in to discuss her schedule, so I can at least salvage some of the gaps.

Sigh. How's your Monday going?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Why does this always happen on Mondays?

• i was annoyed before even turning phones off night. they just kept ringing. i need more coffee if they are going to be like this all day. is it thursday yet? i have a date night planned and we are seeing Fast and Furious.... YAY!!
  • mrsk616 said:

i was annoyed before even turning phones off night. they just kept ringing. i need more coffee if they are going to be like this all day. is it thursday yet? i have a date night planned and we are seeing Fast and Furious.... YAY!!

Yay for date nights!

I'm staying positive, and that's helping. Just had a meeting with a new tutor which will help ease the pressure for the other tutors. Also thinking about the pork chops I'm going to make for dinner. Mmm...pork chops.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• mrsk616 said:

i was annoyed before even turning phones off night. they just kept ringing. i need more coffee if they are going to be like this all day. is it thursday yet? i have a date night planned and we are seeing Fast and Furious.... YAY!!

Yay for date nights!

I'm staying positive, and that's helping. Just had a meeting with a new tutor which will help ease the pressure for the other tutors. Also thinking about the pork chops I'm going to make for dinner. Mmm...pork chops.
    making me hungry!!!!! im sitting at my desk singing. dont stop believing came on the radio at work. and trying to stay positive too. 

tonight may not be much better. i have to do my taxes and its the first time i am doing them on my own (FI actually helping but still) 
  • Ugh, OP, that's super annoying. We're going to have some people leaving and gaps in my office - I just hope I'm one of the first to leave so I don't have to be a part of the panic rush to get new people and other people trained.

Today is just a regular work day (hopefully) and tonight my sister and I are taking my grandma to dinner. Then I'm hoping she'll come over and help H and I with his resume so he can get this job and we can pack up and move across country! :) 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • It feel like it should be Wednesday since I worked all weekend anyways. I'm so ready for Wednesday at 3:30 because then I'll be off for 4 days. Thank you, comp time.

• Ugh, OP, that's super annoying. We're going to have some people leaving and gaps in my office - I just hope I'm one of the first to leave so I don't have to be a part of the panic rush to get new people and other people trained.

Today is just a regular work day (hopefully) and tonight my sister and I are taking my grandma to dinner. Then I'm hoping she'll come over and help H and I with his resume so he can get this job and we can pack up and move across country! :) 
    Yeah, I expect a couple people to jump ship every term, but this semester has been unusually bad. I think part of the issue is some students are expecting they'll be able to support themselves on this job, and that's not really what it's for. But oh well.

Have fun with your sis and gram! And good luck to your H!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Agh OP, that is rough. I was a tutor in college and it was an awesome job, but I remember the coordinator being swamped with students and not enough tutors. You guys deserve a medal.

FI started getting sick on Thursday and I did my best to stay away from him all weekend (as far away as one can get in a city apartment), but I woke up yesterday with a massive headache and it has gone downhill from there. I am trying to work from home today, but I can't concentrate on anything and I'm just a hot mess. YUCK!
  • I feel your pain OP, people in my department have been leaving left and right and now there are only two experienced people left on the team. Today one of the new hires is starting. She was an intern here last summer and was kind of a mess. My boss swears that she got her ish together, but I'm still skeptical.

Also, it's raining. I hate rainy Mondays :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sorry that really blows! I deal with college studentts too. Some of them haven't been showing up to their shifts, sigh. There isn't much I can do though since they are volunteers and I don't pay them. The museum isn't open half the time because of volunteers not showing up. It doesn't help that I'm 21 and a student too, so I don't really get that much respect either. I mean if you can't make your shift at least email me! Plus one of my employees/coworkers is overstepping his boundaries. He is workshop manager so he doesn't need to scold my volunteers. That's my job, back off dude! So I feel your pain.
  • That is a shitty start to the week! I suggest wine.

Today is ok so far. I have my morning tea and bagel. My assistant did show up on crutches though. Poor thing fell while hiking this weekend. She is having a much shittier Monday than she should! I am about to go tell her to take the day off and I am still going to pay her. She was really there for me in my meltdown a few weeks back, so it will be nice to give back a little.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Yeah, I expect a couple people to jump ship every term, but this semester has been unusually bad. I think part of the issue is some students are expecting they'll be able to support themselves on this job, and that's not really what it's for. But oh well.

Have fun with your sis and gram! And good luck to your H!
    our big turn over happened in october and it left us with one person on a saturday for sales. a big no no. it sucked we have gotten somewhat better since then. hang in there
  • My Monday sad is actually a Sunday sad. 

I learned yesterday the super fun Vegas trip my friends and I planned over a year ago is a no-go. Nobody can afford Vegas this summer. I knew a bunch of people couldn't go, but I was hoping a couple of friends would stick it out and we could still make it a thing. But no, the couple who were driving the trip can't afford to go either.

Which also means they can't afford to come to my wedding. Which I'll get over, but it sucks. I was a BM in their wedding. I wanted them to be able to come.

I hate when people move away and you never see them. The four people I will really miss at my wedding all moved out of state and can't come back for it. I know it won't ruin my wedding day or anything, but right now I'm a little sad. I whined to FI last night and you all today, so now I'll work on getting over it.
  • I'm enjoying my first teacher spring break today! Whoo hoo!  My sister and I are going to go get our rings cleaned and do a little shopping. I'm also going to get packed for a trip to Columbus! FI and I  used to live down that way so we wanted to go visit all of our old usual places. 
  • Rough morning.

MIL called while I was in a meeting, asking me when I would be coming by this morning. There was confusion- SIL asked me about her next appointment, not this appointment. It wasn't my fault but I feel like an asshole because my terminally ill MIL has to go to chemo in a cab (which I ordered, prepaid, etc.). I have no idea how we're getting her home. Blah.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yikes that sucks! Hopefully with the new hire things are a little less stressful. 

I'm having one of those days where you do a million things all day, but they're all random, little things that just popped up. So I have only crossed one thing off my work to-do list for the day. Nothing makes me feel better than crossing things off my to-do list so it always makes me disappointed to have days like this. Maybe I need to start adding easy things to my list like wake up, brush my teeth, eat lunch, etc so I can feel the relief of crossing things off. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my monday got better so much better (no sarcasm) after doing my taxes. i always paid to have them done. only got a little back as a refund...... well i did them myself and ended up not owing and i am actually getting over 500 back (YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards