Chit Chat

Do you have a colour? (NWR)

Re: Do you have a colour? (NWR)

• Definitely aqua and grey. My bedroom, my phone case, my hoodies, my sneakers, my shirt as we speak is an aqua tank top with a grey cardigan. When I find a shirt I love, I pretty much always buy it in white, grey, black, aqua. And hints of pink or purple.

Colors I hate- red, yellow, orange, brown. I don't own any clothes in those colors and I especially hate them for wall paints and house decor (light tanny brown is ok but not dark shit brown).

• Pink and blue usually!
  • Blue for me. I'm currently wearing a royal blue shirt. 

I remember once at work, while wearing a cobalt blue shirt, Bob from quality came up to me and said "Girlfriend, that is THE color of the season. You are so fashionable." Made my day lol. Like 10 seasons later, still rocking the color!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I usually wear black or gray but if I am doing colors, I usually stay in the jewel tones (green, blue, purple) since those colors look good on me. Actually, the best color for me is a wine/purple color.
  • My colors are any jewel tones. I have light/dark auburn hair depending on when I color it, hazel eyes, and pale sky. There isn't any color that I really try to avoid. I love color. I think I only own a couple pink things so I guess I avoid that. I've noticed I gravitate towards prints. I barely own anything that's a solid. The majority of my solids are pants ha. Everything is a print of some sort or has color blocking in it. I like to call my style quirky mod.
  • Usually blues and greens. But I have a healthy amount of pink and purple in my closet, too. As for neutrals - black and tan.

I literally own nothing in orange. Not one thing. And I have maybe 2 or 3 pieces in yellow.
    *********************************************************************************

• All purple all the time. Although, I'm trying to buy more green on account of my red hair, ghostly skin, and blue eyes.
  • I use black as my neutral. Although my closet isn't too overwhelmingly black.

The color I buy too much of is purple. So much purple. But I love it. Although usually not for decor so we'll see what my house ends up looking like. Probably a lot of blue because I know that's my FI's favorite color.
  • @ashley8918 When I was little I had everything purple including the purple reebok hightops. Anyways, there was a store in downtown Boston called Purple Pizzazz and had everything purple- clothes, shoes, bedding, pens, stuffed animals, etc. I loved the fucking shit out of that store and was devastated when they shut down.

• jenna8984 said:

@ashley8918 When I was little I had everything purple including the purple reebok hightops. Anyways, there was a store in downtown Boston called Purple Pizzazz and had everything purple- clothes, shoes, bedding, pens, stuffed animals, etc. I loved the fucking shit out of that store and was devastated when they shut down.

I need that store in my life!
  • So. Much. Black.  I have to check myself to make sure I don't just wear black pants and black cardigans every day.  I mix in some tans and greys.  During the summer I do more white.  Still with tans and greys.  I tend to go for blue/green when I do go for color. 

• jdluvr06jdluvr06 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    I have a lot of black and purple. I've been trying to mix it up a bit more but that hasn't happened.

Do any of you have a Charming Charlie around you? That store is awesome. It is mostly accessories and the store is for the most part divided by color. 
  • I'm really jealous of those of you who say you wear a lot of black. I really like wearing black, but I hardly ever do, because with 2 dogs I got really sick of the battle to get all the hair off my clothes. I have a million of those lint roller things, but it seems like no matter what I do, I have dog hair on me. Black = chic. Black covered in dog hair = not cute at all. 
  • jdluvr06 said:

I have a lot of black and purple. I've been trying to mix it up a bit more but that hasn't happened.

Do any of you have a Charming Charlie around you? That store is awesome. It is mostly accessories and the store is for the most part divided by color. 
    I love the way it's organized! The nearest one to me now is in New Jersey, but they have a giant one that just opened up at the mall back home so my sister and I like to go there and bounce from section to section. Like an entire rose gold SECTION, guys! So fun.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I'm really jealous of those of you who say you wear a lot of black. I really like wearing black, but I hardly ever do, because with 2 dogs I got really sick of the battle to get all the hair off my clothes. I have a million of those lint roller things, but it seems like no matter what I do, I have dog hair on me. Black = chic. Black covered in dog hair = not cute at all. 

Purple is my clothes colour. Red is my shoe and kitchen appliance colour. I have not-too-pale skin, blue/green eyes and brown hair and most colours look good on me. I have a lot of black and white basics.

To the bolded - I have 2 cats. The last thing I do before leaving for work or going out is get dressed. I don't pick up the cats or sit on the furniture between getting dressed and leaving. I change out of my work clothes as soon as I get home, again not picking up the cats or sitting on the furniture. No need to lint roll and no fur all over my clothes.

Anniversary
  • Definitely neutrals... black, gray, white, tan, and darker shades of blue (which I think is a neutral too).  My house is different kinds of woods, and neutral colors with pops of color with pillows etc.  My car is black (although I've had a few different ones in cobalt blue color).  
    Married 9.12.15
  • jdluvr06 said:

I love the way it's organized! The nearest one to me now is in New Jersey, but they have a giant one that just opened up at the mall back home so my sister and I like to go there and bounce from section to section. Like an entire rose gold SECTION, guys! So fun.

My wedding dress was/is (the dress still exist lol) a light mint green and I went in there before I got married and I got all excited because they had a whole section that matched my dress.
  • I really like coral and royal blue.  Generally colors that fall somewhere between superbright and pastel.  I can't pull off pastel.  In the summer I'll wear anything turquoise.  Also really like the fuschia/coral combination in delicate, sheer fabrics.

In a temporary lapse of sanity I bought a neon yellow-green cashmere sweater online.  On final sale.  Who buys neon cashmere sweaters?!  Me. It doesn't go with much in my closet but I'm telling myself that when I'm supertan it'll look superawesome with white linen pants or skirts.  Anyone else here made a similar color mistake and found a way to make it work? 

• Oh also yes, Charming Charlie is so fun.  It appeals to my OCDness (my closet at home is organized by color, then sleeve length).  
    Married 9.12.15

Purple is my clothes colour. Red is my shoe and kitchen appliance colour. I have not-too-pale skin, blue/green eyes and brown hair and most colours look good on me. I have a lot of black and white basics.

To the bolded - I have 2 cats. The last thing I do before leaving for work or going out is get dressed. I don't pick up the cats or sit on the furniture between getting dressed and leaving. I change out of my work clothes as soon as I get home, again not picking up the cats or sitting on the furniture. No need to lint roll and no fur all over my clothes.
    Yeah, I've tried those tactics. The fur is too pervasive. It tends to be inside my coat and in my car, etc, so it gets on me anyway. 

And these days I work close to my house, so I go home during lunch to let the dogs out and eat leftovers. Unless I eat standing up, there's just no way for me to keep their fur off me. Plus for what ever reason, big dog always wants to lean on me. 
  • I once organized my closet by color and over half of it was blue. So I guess I gravitate toward blue. I've been trying to branch out though and buy more colors.

• I gravitate toward grey, white, aqua/robin's egg blue, and cool pinks. I'm right there with you on the hot pink love, @amelisha! Jewel tones are flattering in my wardrobe but I don't like them in (my own) décor.
  • I look awesome in dark purple. I should buy more of it. 
  • momofbride530momofbride530 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015
    Lately I've been buying a lot of peach and mint. My favorite color is red, though, and I used to wear lots of it.
  • Blue.  I love the color and I own lots of stuff in that color.  At one point, I had to force myself to think about buying other colors because I opened my closet one day and was like, "Everything I own is blue."  Now I've been better about buying other colors, which is good.
  • edited March 2015
    Navy blue for my wardrobe, but periwinkle or anything blue for my house. I love blue, it's a very tranquil color.

Growing up, my mother always dressed me in blue and my twin sister in pink. Everyone thought I was the boy twin! Lol. They still are our favorite colors, though
  • My color is orange (I'm a pale freckled strawberry blonde and look great in orange).  I took this picture last week of a random assemblage of items on my bed that amused me:

• Blue for me. I inherited light blue/blue-grey eyes from both sides of my family and I feel like any shade of blue looks good on me. I also like greens and purples, but it's hard to find nice greens because too often they're ugly neon or blah olive.

Yeah, I've tried those tactics. The fur is too pervasive. It tends to be inside my coat and in my car, etc, so it gets on me anyway. 

And these days I work close to my house, so I go home during lunch to let the dogs out and eat leftovers. Unless I eat standing up, there's just no way for me to keep their fur off me. Plus for what ever reason, big dog always wants to lean on me. We have 3 dogs and a cat and I use the "wait until the last minute to get dressed" and that works for me. I put the dogs up, get dressed, and leave and then lint roll myself once I get to work. It helps that our dogs don't ride in my car (only in the bed of DH's truck).
    We have 3 dogs and a cat and I use the "wait until the last minute to get dressed" and that works for me. I put the dogs up, get dressed, and leave and then lint roll myself once I get to work. It helps that our dogs don't ride in my car (only in the bed of DH's truck).

• Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards