Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon in Colorado?

Hi there! My wedding date is November 6th, and FH and I were thinking about doing a week honeymoon in Colorado. Any suggestions on the best and most romantic cities and lodges/ski resorts to stay at for that time of year? We've been looking into Vail, Aspen, Breckenridge, etc., but can't really decide! Any help is appreciated. :)

Also, we're not going totally all out ($$$) since we plan on taking an Alaskan cruise next year when the weather warms up. 

Re: Honeymoon in Colorado?

• Options
    I'm assuming you'll be skiing? If so, I would pick based on your ski experience level (find a resort that has lots of green slopes, black diamonds, whatever you're into). I'm probably biased but I've been to Breckenridge and loved it. The town is so cute but there is still plenty to do. I stayed here -

http://www.beaverrun.com/

My favorite thing about our room was that it had an indoor jacuzzi, so everyday after a long day of skiing we would come back and relax in our jacuzzi before/after dinner.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    H & I went to Pagosa Springs CO last year and it was awesome!  While we are not skiers their local ski resort is Wolf Creek Pass.  Being based in Pagosa, there was so much to do!  They have natural hot springs there too!  We loved so much about our trip to Pagosa that we are going to be heading back sometime in the future.  The only downside is that the closest airport is about an hour away in Durango.  I think the next airport is Albuquerque which is 4 hours away.  I think the ski resort is about a 30 minute drive from Pagosa proper.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards