Canada-Ontario

Interesting Wedding Venues within 3 hrs of Toronto

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some new suggestions for our wedding venue.  Given that we'd like to get married this fall we've been having trouble finding places that meet our criteria and have availability.  Let me know if you have any suggestions!

1. Outdoor ceremony, indoor reception (no tent)
  2. Capacity for 120-150 people (exclusive use - no other weddings taking place)
  3. Somewhat outdoorsy / laidback but pretty (it would be ideal to be near water) - nothing too fancy feeling
  4. Not a golf course or banquet hall (wineries, breweries, barns, farms, restaurants, concert venues, resorts, etc.
    all welcome)
  5. Anywhere within a 3-hr
    radius of Toronto (Muskoka, Niagara, Caledon, Prince Edward County – all
    fair game)
Venues we've looked into so far are: Muskoka (Hidden Valley, Severn Lodge, Bayview Wildwood, Port Cunnington, Arrowhon Pines, Sherwood Inn, Rocky Crest, Grandview, Deerhurst, Windermere House, Patterson-Kaye, JW Marriott Rosseau, Clevelands House, Hillside Barn, Muskoka Boat & Heritage Centre, Kee in Bala), Prince Edward County (Isaiah Tubbs, Waring House), Niagara (Holland Marsh Wineries, Queen's Landing, Royal Cambridge, Honsberger Estate)  Toronto and surrounding area (Rockway, Black Creek Pioneer Village, Kortright, Estate Venues, King Valley Golf Club, Fantasy Farms, Belcroft Estates, Millcroft Inn, Slit Barn, Steamwhistle, Waterstone Estates, Herdner Estatesm Stonefield, Gambrel Farm, Cambium Farms, Halton Museum,  Hockley Valley). 

My final question for you is this: am I being way too picky / unrealistic with my list of requirements outlined above?  Do I need to readjust expectations?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

Re: Interesting Wedding Venues within 3 hrs of Toronto

• Hi everyone,
    I'm looking for some new suggestions for our wedding venue.  Given that we'd like to get married this fall we've been having trouble finding places that meet our criteria and have availability.  Let me know if you have any suggestions!

1. Outdoor ceremony, indoor reception (no tent)
    2. Capacity for 120-150 people (exclusive use - no other weddings taking place)
    3. Somewhat outdoorsy / laidback but pretty (it would be ideal to be near water) - nothing too fancy feeling
    4. Not a golf course or banquet hall (wineries, breweries, barns, farms, restaurants, concert venues, resorts, etc.
      all welcome)
    5. Anywhere within a 3-hr
      radius of Toronto (Muskoka, Niagara, Caledon, Prince Edward County – all
      fair game)
    Venues we've looked into so far are: Muskoka (Hidden Valley, Severn Lodge, Bayview Wildwood, Port Cunnington, Arrowhon Pines, Sherwood Inn, Rocky Crest, Grandview, Deerhurst, Windermere House, Patterson-Kaye, JW Marriott Rosseau, Clevelands House, Hillside Barn, Muskoka Boat & Heritage Centre, Kee in Bala), Prince Edward County (Isaiah Tubbs, Waring House), Niagara (Holland Marsh Wineries, Queen's Landing, Royal Cambridge, Honsberger Estate)  Toronto and surrounding area (Rockway, Black Creek Pioneer Village, Kortright, Estate Venues, King Valley Golf Club, Fantasy Farms, Belcroft Estates, Millcroft Inn, Slit Barn, Steamwhistle, Waterstone Estates, Herdner Estatesm Stonefield, Gambrel Farm, Cambium Farms, Halton Museum,  Hockley Valley). 

My final question for you is this: am I being way too picky / unrealistic with my list of requirements outlined above?  Do I need to readjust expectations?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

Congratulations on your engagement! 

I think your biggest challenge will be availability. September (the beginning of fall) is only 6 months away, and some of these venues are already fully booked for 2015.  Most of the locations you've listed are open year round, but some of them close for the fall or will move ceremonies indoors.  

My advice is to give these venues a call for their availability for fall 2015, which will narrow down your options.  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with swiftsticks that you may struggle to find a venue still available that meets all of your requirements. One TO venue that you didn't mention (but I think ticks all your boxes) is the Berkeley Fieldhouse http://www.berkeleyfieldhouse.com/

Good Luck!
  • I agree with @ahyatt87 re: Berkeley Fieldhouse. Beautiful location with onsite ceremony & reception. They even have a tree house, which is adorable.

Another location: Palais Royale. Toronto  on the lake, outdoor ceremonies with swanky indoor reception. 
    Nearby Sunnyside Pavilion sounds like what you're envisioning, but they're only open during the summer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can look at Alton Mills Art Centre in Caledon. They have an outdoor ceremony location and you get full use of the space.  You just have to be creative with how you do the setup.
  • Look at Paletta Mansion in Burlington, Westfield Heritage Village in Flamborough, the Warplane Heritage Museum in Hamilton (at the airport) and Dundurn Castle in Hamilton. All of those should be able to fulfill your needs. Actually, any of the heritage sites in Hamilton should work, though capacities will be different for each.

As for being picky, I think you might be a little too picky and might want to relax some of your needs a bit.

• Thanks for your ideas everyone!!!  We ended up pushing the wedding to next year to get the venue that we want- and we're very happy about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards