April 2016 Weddings

Feeling Bad About Talking About The Wedding?

I am not sure if any of you have experienced this but my family has made me feel bad or even crazy about talking about my wedding. I want to enjoy this experience but if i feel like an idiot every time i talk about it its just not fun. I'm planning  a wedding where everyone needs to travel to the destination. My FI and I both live in this location. Am I crazy for planning early? wanting to talk about the wedding?! this is really taking away from the experience. 

Re: Feeling Bad About Talking About The Wedding?

• This is my second marriage and my family isn't so excited that I am getting married again.  I don't talk to them about it...at all.  You should be able to be excited and talk about it.  You're not crazy and if you want to tell me all about it...I'll listen.
  • MJKloverMJKlover member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2015
    My mom is excited, but other family members didn't seem interested when I told them about the plans we've made so far. I think you have to start planning this far out unless you're getting married in your local church or someone's back yard. We already had to scratch off a venue we wanted to see because our date is booked.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards