Chit Chat

Things you learn at the ER at 5am

2»

Re: Things you learn at the ER at 5am

• My mom had one years ago that ruptured. It was caught pretty late since she had an IUD. That's the day my dad's hair turned white (you can see it in pictures). They were told that it would make a future pregnancy unlikely. My sister and I were born 16 months later, with no active TTC (TMI but I hope it helps).

My dad says it was the scariest day of his life. You made it through. Pain sucks but you're ok! That counts.

Lots of hugs! I hope your birthday gets better!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • sarah - I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself, physically and emotionally. Ts&Ps..
    *********************************************************************************

• Sarah I'm so sorry. T&Ps. Take care of yourself.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I'm so sorry you're going through this. Lots of hugs and good thoughts for you!
  • I'm really sorry you're going through this. For what it's worth, a close friend of mine had the same issue. She had surgery. Three or four months later she was pregnant again and had no issues, and has a beautiful little boy. 
    It's painful physically and emotionally of course. Sending good vibes and support your way!

• sarahufl said:

Whoa, I didn't know that. I always wondered how ectopic pregnancies really happened, though. They must be way more common than I was aware of.

Sorry you had to go through that. Wishing you a speedy recovery from the pain.
    The egg actually gets fertilized in the tube (a lot of people think that always happens in the uterus) then it's the tube's job to keep pushing the zygote to the uterus for implantation. One pregnancy out of fifty though, it implants in the tube.

*BOX*

I did know that, I just always assumed the ovaries were actually connected to the tubes.

Yeah I didn't either! Assumed they had to be connected.

• I'm so sorry, Sara. :( *hugs*
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm so sorry, Sara.  Best wishes for a quick recovery.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I'm so sorry you went through this. It may not help the pain now, but my mom's first pregnancy was also ectopic and she went through something very similar to you. In spite of losing one tube, she went on to have three beautiful girls (myself included :) ) and all three pregnancies were completely normal and uneventful. Everything will be ok!

• I'm so sorry! What a horrible experience. Feel better soon. :(
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I'm so sorry...sending ALL the thoughts of healing and peace!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am so sorry.  *Hugs*

• I am so sorry, Sarah. I'm sending you many hugs.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Oh no, I'm so sorry Sarah. 

• I'm so sorry. That had to be really hard to deal with. Thoughts and prayers for you. Hope your day gets better. 
  • Glad you're ok! When I had my emergency c-section they told me to take my percocet and stay ahead of the pain, but to wean myself off after a week or so. I know it's a scary drug to mess with, but let it do its job for now and then stop taking it.
  • Blergbot said:

Glad you're ok! When I had my emergency c-section they told me to take my percocet and stay ahead of the pain, but to wean myself off after a week or so. I know it's a scary drug to mess with, but let it do its job for now and then stop taking it.

Same with my mom's hip surgery. She was really scared of taking it and tried to avoid it, but the doctors convinced her that she needs to let her body relax if she expects it to heal, and it can't do that if you're in pain. 

Take good care of yourself.

• Sarah, I'm so sorry. Take your time to heal and grieve (I know you've had the grieving process going on for a while now). T&Ps for you.
  • I'm sorry, *hugs*

Anniversary
  • I'm so sorry, sarahufl.
  • sarahufl said:

Whoa, I didn't know that. I always wondered how ectopic pregnancies really happened, though. They must be way more common than I was aware of.

Sorry you had to go through that. Wishing you a speedy recovery from the pain.
    The egg actually gets fertilized in the tube (a lot of people think that always happens in the uterus) then it's the tube's job to keep pushing the zygote to the uterus for implantation. One pregnancy out of fifty though, it implants in the tube.

*BOX*

I did know that, I just always assumed the ovaries were actually connected to the tubes.

Yeah I didn't either! Assumed they had to be connected.
    God, the human body is weird.
  • Sarah I am so sorry!! I will be thinking of you and I wish you a speedy and healthy recovery.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards