New York-Upstate

WNY Outdoor Wedding Reception Venues

I am newly engaged and looking for suggestions on outdoor wedding reception venues in the WNY area (Buffalo, Rochester, or even Finger Lakes). My dream is to have an uncovered outdoor reception, but I suspect many places will require a tent. We are thinking of a 9/2016 wedding with approx 250 guests. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: WNY Outdoor Wedding Reception Venues

• I will move this to the local boards where people may be familiar with this region. (This is an international board.)

I went to a wedding at Fontainebleau Inn and it was gorgeous. Possibly too small for 250 people though.

Also, you must have a plan B if it rains or is too cold/hot. September is unpredictable, not to mention buggy.
    *********************************************************************************

• OP - what one of the larger wineries in the Finger Lakes? I know that Heron Hill has an outdoor reception space (it's tented but beautiful) and you can have the ceremony there as well. The winery is beautiful and their view is amazing. There are some other larger wineries as well that may fit your guest list - just google "Finger Lakes winery weddings". If you have any specific questions about the wineries, just PM me because I've probably been there before.

There is also Bristol Harbour on Canandaigua Lake - the reception is indoors but outside ceremony with a view that is stunning.

I'm not sure if you're from this part of NY but the weather in September can be all over the place. It's risky to plan a wedding here with no option of having the reception indoors so just keep that in mind. I had my wedding at a small winery on one of the Finger Lakes just six months ago and the weather was gorgeous - but that was a huge, unexpected surprised. I was planning on 55-65 degree temps and that's too cold to be outside for the whole day/evening.

• Hickory Ridge in Holley does outdoor ceremonies. We're not having our ceremony there, just our reception, but it's a really beautiful place. They have a gazebo and a small lake in the background. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere, but it's between Buffalo and Rochester.

Have you looked at Belhurst Castle in Geneva, too? Right on the Seneca Lake. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards