Wedding Reception Forum

Wedding Party Entrance

We're getting married in June and have a 10 person wedding party - 5 on each side.  Do we have to do a wedding party entrance?  As a guest or a bridesmaid, I always cringe a little bit with the wedding party introductions.  I get that my FI and I should be "introduced for the first time as husband and wife..." (even if that makes me a little nervous!)  but I'd rather skip having to have our attendants do it too.  

Thoughts or Alternatives? 

Re: Wedding Party Entrance

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    You could skip introductions completely, even for you and your H.  You all could just walk in and attend the remainder of your cocktail hour after you finish post-ceremony pictures.  Then just proceed with your reception.

ETA:  and when I say walk in I mean just casually walk into the cocktail hour area, grab a drink and some tasty eats and mingle with your guests.

• CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    Everyone knows who you are, they're at your wedding....and likely the officiant at your ceremony with "introduce you as Mr/Mrs. Whoever" at the end.  Skip it!!!

ETA:  I like knowing who people are at weddings, but hate the "production" of the introductions with music and cheesy dancing in, etc.  That being said, at our wedding, just before the MOH/BM toasts, H and I took about 3 seconds to thank everyone for coming and then another 10 seconds to introduce our own bridal parties.  It was super quick, not cheesy (in my opinion) and then people were able to put faces with names.  
  • Our WP wasn't introduced - just us. No big deal. They were all listed in the program if anyone was super curious about their names (and didn't already know them).
    *********************************************************************************

• You can skip it all.  We did.  We weren't even introduced.  I actually don't get introducing the bride and groom... everyone knows you and just heard you introduced as a couple at the ceremony... but whatever floats your boat.

Please don't do WP entrances.  As a BM I HATE these.  You're forced to act silly and it just feel cheesy and uncomfortable.  
  • We didn't do any introductions. I considered our big "introduction" to be when we were pronounced husband and wife and walked out of the ceremony. We went to go take some pics while everyone else went to cocktail hour, and then we joined cocktail hour about halfway through. No more introductions. No awkwardness for anyone. :-)

As cocktail hour ended we just went into the reception room and sat at our seats (we had "bride" and "groom" signs on the back of our chairs) and there was a quick welcome toast by our parents. It really flowed great, in my opinion! 

There was a bit of another "introduction" for the cake cutting and first dance, both of which we did immediately following dinner. 
  • So I agree with you that I always cringe when this happens at other weddings! They either come into the reception in couples which usually means a guy and girl who barely know each other who try to do some cute dance, or the girls come in to likely a Beyoncé song, and the guys come into some version of the Final Countdown or what have you, trying again to be funny and cute but it's just ALWAYS AWKWARD. sorry for the shouty caps- this is one thing I can never bear to watch at weddings.

For ours, we are just having the DJ announce us all together- he will say something like "please welcome the wedding party and the new Mr and Mrs ***!" and that's it. Noone cares about how each bm or gm knows the B or G or what their favourite flavor of ice cream is. *rant over*

• Thank you so much ladies!  I'm so looking forward to just joining the cocktail party when we're done with our pictures and letting my parents welcome everyone to get dinner kicked off.  No awkwardness hooray!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards