Wedding Reception Forum

Ceremony and reception logistics

The ceremony Is an hour and seven minutes  from the reception is that too far?

Re: Ceremony and reception logistics

• The ceremony Is an hour and seven minutes  from the reception is that too far?

Way too far. You need to find new locations for one or both. I'd put 30 minutes as max travel Time.
  •  Completely too far.  The furthest I am willing to drive between ceremony and reception is 45 minutes and that is pushing it.

• WAY too far. You should shoot for no more than 30 minutes away (including traffic). 
    *********************************************************************************

• Yes. The maximum you'd want to go is 30 minutes. 
  • Way too far - no more than 30 minutes!

• Absolutely too far.  What if you have guests who will already be driving over an hour to your ceremony?  That is very inconsiderate.

• As a guest, I would probably end up skipping the ceremony unless I was coming from a direction where the ceremony location would be on my way to the reception location.

• atlastmrsgatlastmrsg member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    Where is this?  10 miles in Atlanta takes a lot longer than 10 miles in the middle of Kentucky.

And how many miles?

I'm pretty sure--99.9%--I'll say "too far," but more info is needed.  I've spent over an hour trying to get from Atlanta airport to downtown, which was maybe 12 mi.

I would not want to wait that long to get to a drink and food.

• That's a bit too far.  I originally wanted to get married in my childhood church and then have a reception at a nice venue we found that was ~25 minutes away driving (but I live in Los Angeles soooo traffic could just randomly be really bad).

I decided to have my childhood pastor marry us at our reception venue so that the ceremony and reception were at the same location and it was easier for guests.  I decided early on that my wedding is about me and my FI but it's also about the 80 family members and friends that are coming to support us.  You want to try to make things easy and comfortable for your guests.  If the church had been a deal breaker, I would have found a reception venue closer to the church.  Wedidng planning has some give and takes.  But you want your wedding to be pleasant for those who attend.  
  • Another vote for too far.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Too far.
  • yeah we found another venue four blocks away thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards