Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Where to stay in Turks & Caicos (Providenciales)

Booked our flights to Turks & Caicos (YAY!) & now just trying to figure out where to stay...

Considering The Regent Palms or Seven Stars. Anyone been that can weigh in & share their experience?

Re: Where to stay in Turks & Caicos (Providenciales)

• Options
    My husband and I are going to Provo for 10 days in June..we can't wait!  We did a lot of research on best places to stay before booking and most books and travel sites I read highly recommended Seven Stars.

We are staying at Ocean Club and we actually rented our condo through VRBO.com, instead of going directly through the condo unit or a travel site like expedia, orbitz, etc.  We were able to save about 40% by booking through VRBO.  You might want to check it out.  We saw some condos listed at the Alexandria, too, which we also read very good things about.
  • Options
    We stayed at the Sands for a vacation and really enjoyed it. Their property is a little more private than other hotels and it is not too large. Next door is a vacant property and the other side is a National Park. The lounge chairs were only 1 deep and they could add umbrellas and chairs is the palapas were all occupied. Other hotels were 2 or 3 (or more) deep with lounge chairs.They have bicycles at the front desk to borrow and the grocery store and liquor store are close. You can save money making your own drinks. Seven Stars not too far. The waves seemed to be calmer around The Sands (vs closer to club med where it could get rough. The gardens and pool area are nice at the Sands. Not as big and maybe not quite as plush as Sven Stars but also not quite as expensive. If you really want on your own privacy then consider Middle Caicos - Blue Horizon Resort (no frills but absolutely gorgeous ad private. I want to go back and sta there a couple of night sometime. I would recommend renting a car for a couple of days as taxis are expensive. We rented a Vespa but could have rented a car for two days at the price of a vespa for 1 day
  • Options
    We are going to Turks and Caicos for our honeymoon!  Very excited.  I am a researching and read hundreds of reviews and examined many hotel websites.  I felt that Sevens Star was the best choice for us.  They may be expensive but it sounded as if they are very accommodating, they have many little extras (bikes available, snorkeling equipment, etc), you get a kitchenette with your room, and sounds as if there isn't a bad room in the hotel.  I suggest going to trip advisor and doing research to find out what hotel would best meet your needs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards