Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

XP: Photobooks

I know this has been posted somewhere before...

but, I am wanting to make a picture book for our grandparents and parents.  I'm not necessarily looking for Wedding Album quality if that makes sense, but I definently want the quality to look good.  I'm also not wanting to spend a fortune on each book, since I need to make 4 of them.  Plus I am wanting to make one for me, and one of our honeymoon, so a grand total of 6 photobooks.  I have researched the prices and sizes of shutterfly, snapfish, mypublisher, mixbooks, kodak gallery, picaboo, and blurb.  Right now, I am thinking I am wanting to do the linen cover with the di-cut window compared to the solid picture on the front. 

It appears that mixbook doesn't have that many options of photobooks, and that Shutterfly. Kodak Gallery and mypublisher seem to be more expensive than picaboo or snapfish.

I'm looking for pros and cons of these different companies to help me decide on where to make my photobook.

Thanks!! 
Anniversary image

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Re: XP: Photobooks

• I love shutterfly. I made a photobook just with random photos over the summer b/c I had a giftcard. I used all the pictures from my trip to chicago w/the hubby. It is awesome, everyone loves it!
    Married the love of my life on Friday, December 16, 2011!
  • We did snapfish for a couple of photobooks (a couple small 5x4 ones) for people like my sister, my grandmother (who weren't able to attend). Each book was around $15.

We did parent's books on shutterfly. Lots more options for making it pretty inside and out. Each book cost about $28 (think the size was 8x6 or something similar. wasn't as big as 8x10).

Overall, much much happier with the parent's books. And the shutterfly editing system is nicer (I created and saved parent's books on snapfish, snapfish decided to delete them).

Hope this helps. :)
  • I have used Mixbook, Shutterfly and Snapfish for photobooks. 

We used Mixbook for our guestbook and honeymoon photobook. The quality was decent and I found Groupon/LivingSocial deals for both of them. 

I used Snapfish to make a photobook for my grandparents and I wasn't impressed with the quality. It was fine and it worked, but it just looked cheap.

I was happiest with Shutterfly. I just felt like there were more options and the quality and price were good.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • We used Blurb. It came highly recommended by our photographer. I don't know in terms of price comparison where it lies with other choices such as Shutterlfy or Snapfish, but I thought it gave us a lot of choices and ideas in putting together our book.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards