Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Wedding went smoothly, only a few minor hiccups...

Overall the day went relatively quick and the wedding was a success.  I do feel like we were rushed for the majority of the ceremony/reception because the cooridinator was trying to keep everything on schedule.

Ceremony went good other than the mic cutting in and out a couple times,
cocktail hour was perfect amount of time for us to do pics but I think the bartender was making really strong drinks because the alcohol went fast and people were tipsy pretty quick.

The florist and the decor vendors did an amazing job, and really transformed our venue into something magical so I couldnt ask for more in that department.

We had a friend dj our wedding and the music was fine but he really didnt do the MC part where they announce whats coming up next so that the guests were informed. I think people would have stayed longer if they new that in 15 min the father daughter dance was coming up or the bouquet toss was next.
Food was excellent, we went with a chicken and tri-tip buffet which everyone loved. 
I was unaware that you have to ask your caterer for leftovers or else they automatically take it home with them. We realized later that we didnt get sent with the left overs. 

The last minor thing was that I noticed if you are going to have a wishing tree, or any other sort of feature like that you should write instructions.  People had no clue that they were supposed to write on the notes and hang them in the tree. The tree itself was beautiful thanks to the decor vendor but no one wrote on the cards because they didnt know they were supposed to.

We had an amazing evening and wouldnt do it over, or change it because it was perfect.  I am glad that its time to move on to the next chapter in our lives!
Good luck all, just remember its supposed to be a celebration of your commitment to your partner not a hollywood production so have fun and enjoy yourselves!!!

Re: Wedding went smoothly, only a few minor hiccups...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards