Not Engaged Yet

WTF Wednesday

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday

• @speakeasy14 my sister just tried it too and I asked her how it works and she said "Great, if you use conditioner!" Ummmm....#missingthepoint

And yes, my siblings are total brats @minskat30 and have married appropriately...

@twodimes sorry to hear about your pooch! Good thing for the camera though. I have given my dog boiled hamburger and rice and it helped her poop issues

@jenjen047 my BF pulled the opposite on me on Monday. I went to lay down in the bedroom after dinner not feeling well and he came in a short time later. I thought he came into check on me/snuggle and the little shit changed my netflix to friggin Night Ryder, seriously, WTF? I was too sick to argue and just rolled over.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • @lmcooper86 - We are all about cooler on the feet, especially when it's 100-110 degrees during the summer.  :)
  • @loves2dream - why do they do these things???? boys are silly. i told him that as revenge i am going to watch Newlyweds and Neighbors with Benefits without him tonight. thatll teach him.....

@cu97tiger - thanks for the rec!
  • @cu97tiger - Yes, it feels wonderful!  H keeps telling me how proud he is of me for knowing my worth and sticking to it.  <3  I am so thankful that they were able to do that for me, too!
  • eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    @speakeasy14 Be careful using Wen. There's currently a class-action lawsuit against them because it made a bunch of people's hair fall out.

@TwoDimes AW POOR INDY!! I hope she feels better ASAP. I really hope you don't come home to another poop fest. 

@minskat30 Sending all the positive weather vibes to you!

@Swazzle Pottery Barn backorder is terrible. I ordered FI a really fancy bar set from Pottery Barn last year for our anniversary, and a few items were on backorder and were originally expected to ship around Valentine's Day. They didn't end up shipping until late March! I kept getting emails on the expected ship dates that they were again delayed. Pottery Barn needs to get their shit together with their backordered stuff. 

@peaseblossom55 I hope you feel better soon!

@lmcooper86 UGH I'm so sorry that you guys have so many complications popping up right now. Definitely shop around and see what other people quote you for the floors. For the wedding band, I'd go to Yelp and see who the highest rated jewelers are in your area, and then I'd go ask them for a quote. I hope you have better luck with the next quotes!

@caseface5 Eh, I wouldn't take the order of the description on the website too personally. However, the BYOBBQ and the swing dances are ridiculous. I guess try and focus on the positive for this trip-- downtown San Antonio, especially the River Walk, is BEAUTIFUL and will be a really nice romantic weekend away for you guys. 

@southernpeach89 Your ex-friend is cray, and your step-sister-in-law is BEYOND CRAY. I'm glad at least one of them is out of your life.

@cu97tiger I'm mad at my scale too. Why they gotta be so mean?

@cocobellaf Stay safe tonight!

I don't really have a WTF for today. There's a chance for scattered thunderstorms today, so my cousin is trying to see if I can get us in at the venue earlier before all the rain starts. She said she doesn't want to tour the venue and try to get a feel for flowers while it's potentially hailing outside... plus traffic will be a beast. We shall see... I guess this situation could potentially turn into a WTF.

I guess another WTF could be my body. I'm still really congested from that cold last week, and my voice still fades in and out. I can't seem to get rid of the extra mucus. It's so gross.

I'm excited for Saturday! We have 3 cake tastings lined up, and our moms are going to come with us. Om nom nom! 

I'm also excited for Memorial Day. Last night we confirmed plans with our friends to go to their family cabin down in the middle of nowhere for the weekend, and their parents will be nearby at their bindery shop. They're going to make our invitations, so we'll start looking at samples and potentially finalize the design/start production that weekend. 

FI has his second interview today, so I'm excited to hear back from him about that too. It's his technical interview, so he's nervous. He studied last night, so I think he'll be fine. 

Work is crazy busy, so I need to get back to it. I'm WFH today at least, but I have a ton to do. I may end up working more after the venue tour tonight. Ugh.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Good luck to your FI, @eilis1228!  I hope he aces it!!
  • @Swazzle - The New York Times says the officer has at least been charged with murder, which is further than they got with Michael Brown (I don't know what happened there but I do think there should have at least been a trial) and Eric Gardner. Hopefully, this time we will see some actual justice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My WTF moment is from yesterday. I set up my sessions with my trainer so that my sessions are every Tuesday/Thursday ay 7 for the rest of the month. I saw him put it into the computer. Last night I show up for my session here isn't there. I go talk to front desk and they say that my trainer was told I canceled. Well, clearly I didn't because I'm here. So I talk to the the PT manager. He looks up my trainers schedule and I'm not in it at all. WTF? So they had a different trainer do my session last night and now I need to text my trainer today and ask him what the heck is going on.

• @eilis1228 good luck to your FI on his interview

Anniversary

• @TwoDimes - Omigod, LADY, I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I went through that exact same kennel situation. Except was watching my friend's dog. And she is a great dane.... So take your Indy diarrhea, and then times it by great dane, and that is how much I got to clean up.... It wasn't even my dog. I haven't watched it since, haha. Poor dog gets separation anxiety.

@CocoBellaF - The ceramic that looks like wood is my favorite flooring! I want it in all my future bathrooms.

-------------------------------

Personally, nothing in my life is too WTF at the moment.

My WTF has to do with my brother. His wife recently got him arrested for assault (because she's a psycho/liar). She got a restraining order put on him and our entire family. A few weeks ago he finally filed divorce papers. Less than 2 months after getting arrested, even though he hasn't even been cleared of the assault charges yet, he has moved back in with her, claiming that everything has changed. According to everyone who saw them on Easter, nothing has changed. My mom did SO MUCH to help him after he moved in with her, and now he's basically just shitting on her again..... Whatever. Nothing I can do. I am mostly just upset that his children are so messed up because of it. I have never seen any joy in either of his children's eyes. They don't know how to be kids because they are so surrounded by anger, and their mother shelters them. End of rant.

• @TwoDimes We had a lot of tummy issues with Maddux early on and had many experiences with Poosplosions/ poocapalypse/ poomagedon. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that. Cleaning up explosive diarrhea is not fun! I hope Indy starts to feel better soon.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    eilis1228 Thanks for the heads up, hopefully the stuff that is on the shelves now is not the same formula from the law suit.  I'm returning it anyway because I feel like I haven't showered in days.

Loves2dream that's odd, I definitely didn't need a conditioner.  I think it over conditions which is why I'm an oily gross mess. 

@alpacina Omg I couldn't even imagine having to clean up a great dane poopsplosion. You are an awesome friend. 
  • @alpacina - sorry to hear about your brother, thats so tough. especially when you want to be there to  help, but then feel used when the person just goes back to their ex a few weeks later. :/ its a hard situation, especially with kids involved because then its not just about your brother and his wife. im trying to think of what sorts of options you might have, but it sounds like its not serious enough to where the kids are in danger. ugh. wish i could help.....my only advice would be to spend as much time with the kids as possible so they can get away, get a break, and experience normal kid-stuff.

i have a new WTF--- my job that i started 2 weeks ago has completely changed the account i am working on and the structure of the entire agency.....i am no longer doing the job i interivewed for. i dont want to be a brat after just a few weeks, and both these changes are things that are possibly somewhat out of my direct managers hands, but im feeling trapped and like i made a mistake and like the rug was pulled out from under me. UGH. WHYYYYYY
  • @jenjen047 - It really is disappointing. They live 5 hours away, and when I do see the kids their mom won't let them do anything fun. She just holds her little girl 100% of the time, so the kid is just used to it (even though I think she's 4 now?) and doesn't try to get down and run around. Apparently my mom gets to see the kids 1-on-1, but that is once in a blue moon. I haven't ever been there when that's happened.

I'm so sorry about your job going all crazy. My work group goes through a re-organization AT LEAST every 2 years. It's just bullcrap because they are trying to make things "more efficient" or "align priorities", but really they just make everyone have to start over and figure everything out again. Is it really that much worse? Or were you just more excited for the job as it was before?

• @alpacina - its like 1 step back from where i thought i would be.....but the future is also very unclear too so its not like oh well i know in X months i will be doing XYZ. its just a "wait and see" which is scary for me. at my previous previous job i was strung along for years about a promotion that never came (with no reason as to why they couldnt/wouldnt promote me) and im terrifeid of this happenig again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards