Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Self Tanner - yes or no?

I am getting married on June 20th and I am fair skinned.  I am concerned that I might have "tan lines" with wearing short sleeve shirts and since my dress is strapless, I would prefer my arms to be all the same color.  I have tried the booth where you go in and the machine sprays you, but I was wondering if paying the extra cost would be worth it to have someone airbrush the tanning solution instead.  

Would really appreciate anyone's experience.  Thanks.

Re: Self Tanner - yes or no?

• I got majorly sunburned before my June wedding. Fake tanning didn't even out my tan lines. The fake tan was slightly different than my natural tan. I love fake tanning, but I'm this case, it didn't work. 

What I did (and I promised my now husband to never do it again ever) was use a tanning bed. I used SPF 100 sunscreen on my burned/tan areas and used tanning lotions on the pasty white areas. It took a couple sessions, and it actually worked. 
  • In case you were wondering, this was me. I was with fellow teachers swimming to celebrate the end of school. I was out way longer than my sunscreen allowed without remembering to reapply. image
  • I am getting married on June 20th and I am fair skinned.  I am concerned that I might have "tan lines" with wearing short sleeve shirts and since my dress is strapless, I would prefer my arms to be all the same color.  I have tried the booth where you go in and the machine sprays you, but I was wondering if paying the extra cost would be worth it to have someone airbrush the tanning solution instead.  

So you currently don't have tan lines? Then use SPF 100 or whatever it's up to now so you avoid tan lines. Because fake tan and real tan are 2 different things. So if you do get tan lines, fake tanning probably won't fix it, the only thing that would is what above post said, tanning beds. So if I were you, I'd go heavy on the sunscreen, and then if you do want to be less pale on wedding day, get the fake tan then. But don't count on it to get rid of tan lines. Or wear tube tops when you're in the sun. 
  • augsum15 said:

I am getting married on June 20th and I am fair skinned.  I am concerned that I might have "tan lines" with wearing short sleeve shirts and since my dress is strapless, I would prefer my arms to be all the same color.  I have tried the booth where you go in and the machine sprays you, but I was wondering if paying the extra cost would be worth it to have someone airbrush the tanning solution instead.  

So you currently don't have tan lines? Then use SPF 100 or whatever it's up to now so you avoid tan lines. Because fake tan and real tan are 2 different things. So if you do get tan lines, fake tanning probably won't fix it, the only thing that would is what above post said, tanning beds. So if I were you, I'd go heavy on the sunscreen, and then if you do want to be less pale on wedding day, get the fake tan then. But don't count on it to get rid of tan lines. Or wear tube tops when you're in the sun. 
    Seriously. Wish I had done this. Reapply sunscreen often. I made the mistake of applying once and forgetting. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards