Wedding Party

How do I tactfully nag my BMs to get their dress already?

13»

Re: How do I tactfully nag my BMs to get their dress already?

• @leviossa Why because you feed starving kids in Africa and devote all your time to the homeless. This is a wedding board. I'm writing about wedding related stresses. You want to hear about my fear on my adoption case or my pregnancy. Or how much my bills are. A real stress. That's a conversation for another date and another forum.

If you were giving me any constructive criticism. Instead of being negative you would have asked for more info. In which case I would have told you I have tried to contact her to no avail. I can list the ways I've tried to reconnect since her departure. But i'm beginning to wonder what kind of friend are you that its okay to not return your friends calls. Its okay not to keep in touch about a wedding you're in. Because you guys talked six months ago. You couldn't possibly change your mind in that time. But even if you did who cares about calling the Bride because you're friends. Because you have other more important stresses in life. Who cares that she told you about this a year in advance so those stresses wouldn't get in the way. Who cares That she has been the complete opposite of a bridezilla and tried to accommodate you and value your opinions. Who cares, because how dare she ask you to get a bridesmaids dress 30 days before the wedding. That's such an overbearing thing to do. What was I possibly thinking.

Thank God you're not my friend. But I will thank you for this eye opening conversation because you've made me realize that she's not much of one either.

• @leviossa Why because you feed starving kids in Africa and devote all your time to the homeless. This is a wedding board. I'm writing about wedding related stresses. You want to hear about my fear on my adoption case or my pregnancy. Or how much my bills are. A real stress. That's a conversation for another date and another forum.

If you were giving me any constructive criticism. Instead of being negative you would have asked for more info. In which case I would have told you I have tried to contact her to no avail. I can list the ways I've tried to reconnect since her departure. But i'm beginning to wonder what kind of friend are you that its okay to not return your friends calls. Its okay not to keep in touch about a wedding you're in. Because you guys talked six months ago. You couldn't possibly change your mind in that time. But even if you did who cares about calling the Bride because you're friends. Because you have other more important stresses in life. Who cares that she told you about this a year in advance so those stresses wouldn't get in the way. Who cares That she has been the complete opposite of a bridezilla and tried to accommodate you and value your opinions. Who cares, because how dare she ask you to get a bridesmaids dress 30 days before the wedding. That's such an overbearing thing to do. What was I possibly thinking.

Thank God you're not my friend. But I will thank you for this eye opening conversation because you've made me realize that she's not much of one either.

Omigod, you have special circumstances, of course. No wonder you're stressed, you are the only one out there that has anything else going on in their life. Now that you have told us this, we totes understand, as you were. You can do whatever you want, you are special, one in a million. That BM should be taken out back and shot then replaced by someone the same size (needs to fit the already ordered dress) and pretty (for the pictures). How could we not be understanding, because reasons.

I'm so lucky that I was able to quit my job, social life, all relationships and every day life to plan my wedding. Weddings are so much more important than everyday life; I don't know how some of you did it.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

OMG, BILLS?!?!?!?!?! BILLLLLS!?!?!?!?!  No one could possibly have any other life stressors!

If you read my response at all you'd think that you were the shitty friend, because you can't even be bothered to check up with her.  I think you're backpedaling now.  I'm a pretty fantastic friend, because I don't try to replace my friends and treat them like props when things start to go south for them.  Novel concept, I know.  You are stressing out way too much about a fucking dress.  Let it go.

Oh, and if you had ever lurked here you would see we do talk about heavy things going on in each other's lives. 

If my friend just dropped off the face of the Earth like you are describing, I'd be concerned for her safety and well being, not upset or stressed bc she isn't communicating with me about my wedding or buying a damn dress.  Is this girl still alive?!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards