Not Engaged Yet

T&P Request

WildMageletWildMagelet member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
edited April 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
Yesterday we found out that FI's kids' 5 year old cousin has cancer.  He was diagnosed with a stage 3 Wilms' tumor.  Because of his age, the doctors suspect he may have had it for a few years but that it went undiagnosed.  They were originally going to remove the kidney & surrounding lymph nodes today but couldn't because he started running a pretty bad fever last night so they put him on a bunch of meds and were postponing until tomorrow.  Today, however, they came back and now think that the reason he's been in so much pain is because he fell and part of it burst and that now some of the cancerous cells have been released into his blood stream.  The doctors were waiting on second opinions before proceeding any further.

Everybody's taking it really hard, but still trying to keep chins up and wish for the best.  He's a really sweet kid.

-Update-

First off, you guys are awesome.  Thanks so much for the T&P. -  Little man is still in a lot of pain.  I guess blood is still regularly pooling in his abdomen so they had to do transfusions today.  Turns out it was 2 tumors that ended up fusing together which is apparently unheard of for this kind of cancer.  Surgery to remove it tomorrow, part of it is going to St. Jude's and the rest is going to the National Wilms' Tumor Study.  He's looking at a minimum of 19 weeks of chemo.  I occasionally do superhero themed charity events so I'm trying to network with other performers to find a Superman in the town he's being treated in to go visit on his birthday in 2 weeks if the doctors will allow non-family in by that point.  

-Update 2-

Surgery went better than expected.  The mass they removed was around the size of a child's football.  We're still waiting to get back some of the test results from the lab.  

They did get his feeding tube out yesterday so he started on jello and popsicles.  Optimistically, they're hoping to have him home by the end of the week.

Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: T&P Request

• I'm so, so sorry. I can't imagine the pain your family is going through right now. They will all be in my thoughts.

Two Friends Hugging Sadly Http i imgur com bkeoant jpg

• Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear this, and you, your FI, and your family are all in my thoughts.
  • Oh my god, I am so sorry. I wish all the best to your family.

Anniversary

• I am so. so. so. sorry. I'm crying after reading that. I wish I could give you a hug IRL, but internet hugs will have to do for now. Any type of cancer is bad, but childhood cancer is that much worse. I will be thinking of all of you. <3

• That is so awful and so sad. Big hugs to you and all involved. 

• I'm so sorry, this is awful. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers!
  • I'm so sorry.  All the thoughts and prayers.
  • This is awful - I'm so sorry.  Sending thoughts & prayers.  If you need to talk to us, we're all here for you!

Anniversary
  • This makes me so sad.  I'll be thinking of this little guy and hoping for the best.
  • Sending up lots of thoughts and prayers for the little guy and family. How scary a time this must be for all involved. I'm so sorry.
  • Many thoughts, prayers, vibes, and love. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• That's awful. Sending healing prayers and strength your family's way.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • omg, so sad, keeping the family in my thoughts.

• Sending thoughts and prayers, this is terrible. I am sorry your family has to go through this.
    friends tv show funy
  • I'm so sorry, that's awful. Sending lots of prayers that everything works out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm so sorry sending, thoughts and prayers.

Anniversary

• Sending big hugs and lots of positive thoughts your way. 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Sending as many healing thoughts, prayers, and love as I can! Big hugs to you and your family in this difficult time. :(

• I'm so sorry to hear this! Sending all the T&P to you and your family. *hugs*

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks so much for the support & the e-hugs. I'll be sure to pass them all along :) You guys are super awesome.  There's been an overwhelming amount of support for the family already in just this short period of time.  FI's kids are both taking it pretty rough.  FSS is trying to be a tough guy but we had to explain to him its okay to cry sometimes.  FSD took off school yesterday to help out with the two younger kids.  I threw an update in my original post, but I'll copy it below.

@bethsmiles @eilis1228 @labro @speakeasy14 @Peaseblossom55 @lmcooper86 @caseface5 @lavenderfields14 @Loves2dream @beanbot2002 @CLoGreenEyes @CocoBellaF @Dignity100 @minskat30 @southernpeach89 @Swazzle @AuroraRose41 @Dreamergirl8812 @TwoDimes @KeptInStitches

-Update-

First off, you guys are awesome.  Thanks so much for the T&P. -  Little man is still in a lot of pain.  I guess blood is still regularly pooling in his abdomen so they had to do transfusions today.  Turns out it was 2 tumors that ended up fusing together which is apparently unheard of for this kind of cancer.  Surgery to remove it tomorrow, part of it is going to St. Jude's and the rest is going to the National Wilms' Tumor Study.  He's looking at a minimum of 19 weeks of chemo.  I occasionally do superhero themed charity events so I'm trying to network with other performers to find a Superman in the town he's being treated in to go visit on his birthday in 2 weeks if the doctors will allow non-family in by that point.  

• My neighbor's girlfriend started a company called Chemogram where she creates care packages for those receiving chemo.  She only has a few options and I'm not sure if any are tailored for kids, but maybe she knows of people who specialize in making kids smile.  Here is the link to her webpage (click). 
  • I added a new update. This certainly has been a crazy week. Thanks again for your support :)

-Update 2-

Surgery went better than expected.  The mass they removed was around the size of a child's football.  We're still waiting to get back some of the test results from the lab.  

They did get his feeding tube out yesterday so he started on jello and popsicles.  Optimistically, they're hoping to have him home by the end of the week.

• I added a new update. This certainly has been a crazy week. Thanks again for your support :)

-Update 2-

Thank you for the update. I'm glad to hear he has improved. My thoughts are still with you.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards