Wedding 911

HELP my future sister-in-law will be in her third trimester at our wedding!

Re: HELP my future sister-in-law will be in her third trimester at our wedding!

• Lo, If you weren't so worked up, you'dve read my post from the beginning and realized the whole friggin thing was asking for gift ideas. So why are you still here?

Or is it just that hard to admit you never read to begin with...
  • Lo, If you weren't so worked up, you'dve read my post from the beginning and realized the whole friggin thing was asking for gift ideas. So why are you still here?

Or is it just that hard to admit you never read to begin with...
    What you're doing is known as "back pedaling."

• How is it back pedaling if IT'S IN ALL OF MY FIRST FIVE POSTS. 

What you're doing is trying not to look stupid. Because you didn't read. 
  • edited June 2015

Anniversary
  • CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    I've had a little (lots of) wine tonight, but seriously OP? Calm the F down.

P.S. @lolo883 forever!!!! Is that weird? I feel like that should be a thing.
  • Wait, are you not allowed to eat fish when you are pregnant?

• edited April 2015

Wait, are you not allowed to eat fish when you are pregnant?

Nope, lots of types of fish are encouraged. Just not the ones that are high in mercury, like shark.

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

Wait, are you not allowed to eat fish when you are pregnant?

Nope, lots of types of fish are encouraged. Just not the ones that are high in mercury, like shark.
    Okay I figured.  So assuming that OP is not serving shark at her wedding, then why the hell did her FI ask his sister if she wanted to change her meal?  I mean if his sister eats only fish and veggies and can eat fish (besides shark) while pregnant then I don't get why she was asked if she wanted something else.

But then again, I can't understand 90% of this thread.

• I would get her a puppy.

Everyone loves puppies.
  • All I want to know is - how close to Bingo did we get????

(and OP - seriously, best gift for a pregnant woman -free babysitting AFTER baby arrives!!!)

• Personally, I don't think you really want to do something nice for her.  Just based off of your attitude here, I think you want to make her feel undermined, and you just want to pose it to us like you are getting her a gift.

You kept mentioning how much she didn't like you, and how you were responsible for watching her dog at her wedding, why do you care so much about getting her a gift? It's only your responsibility to host her properly if she is a guest at your wedding.  She can decide on her own whether she wants to come or not, and pushing a gift specifically related to pregnancy just because she is pregnant would be pretty insulting.  (to me anyway, if I was pregnant)

• edited April 2015
    This thread is just fucking insane.

If I was the pregnant FSIL, no way in hell I'd travel in my 3rd
    trimester to a DW on BFE Island that is miles and miles nad miles away
    from actual civilization and advanced, experienced medical care.

Newp.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• What the hell did I miss? 

• I like how "Don't try to make her do a thing she said she doesn't want, and you don't really need to do anything extra for her, especially if she said not to. Respect what she says she wants, which is nothing" made you guys cheap bitches who refuse to do nice things for your loved ones and who think OP is terrible because she wants to give gifts of appreciation (a word she had yet to use).

How dare you all not foist unwanted "relaxation and comfort experiences" (because that is the only gift type possibility I can understand for a pregnant lady!) on your friends and family! Have you no generosity of spirit?

She never looked back.

• Nope, I didn't realize giving unwanted foot rubs at weddings was now the standard for guest hospitality. I thought it was still crab cakes. Do-over?

• Nope, I didn't realize giving unwanted foot rubs at weddings was now the standard for guest hospitality. I thought it was still crab cakes. Do-over?

@lolo883, from what I hear of your original wedding, it was a pretty sweet party. If you want to throw a PPD with crab cakes and invite me, I'll support your do-over. I suppose you could substitute an awkward foot rub for me in place of the crab cakes and I promise not to cringe too much, as long as the hosting elsewhere is up to snuff. You are also free to be like the kind OP and pay for my lodging.

@lolo883, from what I hear of your original wedding, it was a pretty sweet party. If you want to throw a PPD with crab cakes and invite me, I'll support your do-over. I suppose you could substitute an awkward foot rub for me in place of the crab cakes and I promise not to cringe too much, as long as the hosting elsewhere is up to snuff. You are also free to be like the kind OP and pay for my lodging.
    Well @flantastic the original had crab cakes! And a premium open bar, and baked brie! I didn't realize I was doing my guests such a disservice by not having foot rubs and hoombas. I DID get a special order entree for a pregnant friend since I knew the mushroom sauce on the chicken would make her queasy but dammit, the foot rubs! Such a failure. I feel sorry for my own husband.

At my do-over I'll have one of these at every seat.

• This thread is just fucking insane.

If I was the pregnant FSIL, no way in hell I'd travel in my 3rd
    trimester to a DW on BFE Island that is miles and miles nad miles away
    from actual civilization and advanced, experienced medical care.

Newp.

LOL - A month before my EDD I drove 10 hours round-trip to BFN Iowa!!!  Good news, if she's over 23w she won't be able to fly anywhere anyway!
  • My FSIL is due a week after the wedding. The only thing I've done for her is tell her that we have a quiet room in the venue if she needs to take a break from the festivities (though this is true for anyone at the wedding), that there is a hospital just down the street that is under 10 minutes away in case something happens and my full understanding that if she cannot attend because she's not up to it that's okay, but that we hope she will feel up to it.

I don't feel like I need to treat her as an invalid just because she's pregnant. And I don't feel the need to gift her with comfort just because she's pregnant. She will do what she feels she can do and that's it. I'm not about to force comfort on her just because I want to improve our relationship. I think you need to back off OP and stop trying to win love with gifts. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards