Not Engaged Yet

Bridal party LEFT???

Sorry I've been MIA the last few days, I was on vacation and just got back last night.

Listen to this though, my best friend was supposed to be in our mutual friend's wedding next month and the bachelorette party was last night. I got a phone call from her at 1am but didn't hear my phone, just got the call and a text saying "i need to talk to you" so I was really concerned all day and tried to reach out until I heard from her a little while ago. The bride and the rest of the bridal party TOOK OFF and left her at the club they were at while she was answered a phone call outside. She literally watched them get into the limo and drive away. I feel so terrible that I wasn't conscious to get her call and couldn't help her because I am two states away anyway. I just have no words. I was seeing facebook updates this morning and looking for my friend in the photos and OF COURSE she's not in them because they ditched her in the middle of the night. She could have been hurt. Now, obviously, she isn't going to the wedding and pretty much isn't going to speak to anyone ever again. I just feel terrible, she asked me to go with her but I missed my pets and wanted to come home, crowds and clubs really aren't my thing anyway. Now I wish I had gone to be with her. In what universe is behavior like that acceptable?!?!

Re: Bridal party LEFT???

• They left her stranded outside a club at 1 AM? What the fuck? I'd be completely done with those people.

• Is there ANY chance that they were drunk enough to not realize that they had forgotten her? I mean, if they hadn't instituted the buddy system and there were more than, say, 6 girls, maybe it was a non-malevolent oversight?

Otherwise, hell yeah skip that wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• That is crazy! Sending lots of hugs towards your friend :-( Hopefully cu97tiger is right and it wasn't done on purpose.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm wracking my brains trying to think of ways that this could have just been a really drunken mistake, but wow.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • That is crazy. Like PPs I'm wondering if there's any possible way that they were just super drunk and didn't realize she wasn't with them. Was leaving a spur of the moment decision? If someone said "Hey, let's go to XYZ" and they all jumped on board and left without realizing she wasn't with them that might be understandable (but barely). Awful in any case.

Have any of them reached out to your friend since then??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yep, dunzo. I mean you would have to be so drunk you couldn't walk to realize you forgot somebody, wouldn't you? Shitty
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • Have any of them reached out to your friend since then??

At first I thought it was an accident, but as of this morning she hasn't even received a text from the bride (one of her supposed best friends) or any other member of the bridal party so, no, I don't think it was a mistake. There are also "after" hangover photos from yesterday morning on Facebook and nobody mentions her in any of them.

That is beyond messed up. And yeah, even if they were blackout drunk, if they lost her they would have realized it when they were taking their morning after photos. 
  • Wow - why did they even invite her!  I agree - I would not want to associate with these people.

Anniversary
  • That is so fucked up, I would not be friends with those people anymore. 

• wow that's awful.  I wouldn't bother going to the wedding either.

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

What in the actual fuck?

Ugh....I am sorry for your friend. What a shitty bunch of people!! Who actually does that? Are these women still in high school? WTF?

• No high schoolers were involved lol, we are all mostly in our mid 20s which makes it so much worse. Neither me or my friend will be associating with them, and I even wonder if the bride will be mad about her not going to the wedding? My friend said she would laugh in her face if she dared.
  • That is just beyond ridiculous and also dangerous! What if something happened to her?
  • Have any of them reached out to your friend since then??

At first I thought it was an accident, but as of this morning she hasn't even received a text from the bride (one of her supposed best friends) or any other member of the bridal party so, no, I don't think it was a mistake. There are also "after" hangover photos from yesterday morning on Facebook and nobody mentions her in any of them.
    yeah I think if it was an accident there would have been a point where someone would have realized and said "omg what happened to Mary???" and called her. That's so fucked up.

I had a friend that used to ditch me for guys when we were out together. One time it was just me and her and after the club closed she met up with some guys and left in their car, leaving me all alone in town at 1am. Luckily my best friend came to pick me up with her bf! It was scary being out alone at that time with guys walking by me being super creepy. We're not friends anymore, she was a really crappy "friend".

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Ugh. The morning after really leaves no room for misunderstanding. Even if the night before was a serious error, clearly these people are doubling down. GROSS.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • What horrible people. I would be done with all of them. I can't believe no one has texted her at least to check in.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wow, that is horrible! I'm so sorry for your friend and I'm so glad she has you. I can't even imagine how low I would feel after a weekend like that. @lavenderfields13 is right. If they were black-out drunk they would have realized in the morning (at the latest) and called you.

They are assholes if they expect to hear from her first. I had a friend that used to be like that. If someone went AWOL she wouldn't even care to call them, she would wait to hear from them and assume they were okay. That's bad- but what that bridal party did to your friend is just straight up unconscionable!  
  • The bride texted her this afternoon asking if she got home okay. She lives six hours away from where the party took place. So she literally drove six hours there, got ditched, and then drove back the next morning. The excuse was that they all thought she left? And so they didn't check on her for two days or ask where she was or anything? I dunno. I feel like if I was in charge of that party I would make sure I did a headcount and if anyone was missing I'd call. Anyway, my friend doesn't buy it and is done with that whole group. Luckily she doesn't live in the area and neither do I, and we are both better off for it lol.
  • Wow...sounds like the bride was trying to cover her tracks after she knew she effed up.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • She sent a text? Not that I would ever be such a shitty friend but if I did abandon a friend outside a club at 1 am I think a phone call would be in order and not 2 days later. Your friend is better off without people like this in her life.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards