Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitations haven't arrived yet! *ughhhhh update fml*

JaniV123JaniV123 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
I am getting stressed out with the timeline to send invites! I wanted to mail them by this week and they haven't arrived yet. I think when the arrive we have to assemble them and prepare them for the calligrapher then send them out! 

I know I still have a bit of time but it will be very rushed!!

What is the absolute latest they should go out?? How long should calligraphy for 75 invites take? 

*Update: I called the vendor and she told me "I spoke with the company and they said they should be here next week because the envelopes are back ordered"

VENT:
Are you freaking kidding me?? Couldn't you have told me that 2 weeks ago or 3 weeks ago so we could change the fucking envelope??!?! You told me 2-3 weeks... it has been a month... and you want me to wait another week to get my invites!? they should have been in the mail already!!!

UGHHHH vent over 

Re: Invitations haven't arrived yet! *ughhhhh update fml*

• huskypuppy14huskypuppy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2015
    I would call the place you ordered your invites from, to see what is taking so long. Also, you will have to call your calligrapher, no one can tell you how long a vendor will take.

ETA: They should be in the mail to your guests within the next two weeks. When is your RSVP date?

• @huskypuppy14

RSVP date is May 16th. 

I called the place and they said they should be in no later than this week. I think it may have been that the second week after ordering was Holy week and maybe they didnt work idk. 

They told us it would take 2-3 weeks and this is the 4th as they were Approved on March 15.

• I got married the same weekend you are. I also had a similar RSVP date, but my invites were out by now. 

If you get them out in the next two weeks, people will have about two weeks to respond. Any farther than that, and you are looking at people not getting their invites in time. 

Are you set on calligraphy? Have you already paid a vendor? I might just address them myself at this point since it's cutting it close.

• @huskypuppy14 A friend of my mom's is doing it for free as neither of us has good handwriting :/ I really dont know how long it will take him but it shouldn't be long. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards